TC29D auger stuck, freed, but now won't start

/ TC29D auger stuck, freed, but now won't start #11  
@booboo04 - I believe you are correct path... I think that is the PIN (part # SBA324560140) for the Transmission Neutral Safety Switch that is located on the lower side forward the front of the operator platform.

I'm not a 100% sure which way it goes in... but I think round side first & flat side towards the switch... Again not sure on the orientation...

I attach a couple of pages from my service manual for our TC40D so not the same tractor but for reference. Also I attached a diagram for the TC29D (your tractor) of the part I'm referring to - the switch is #21 & the PIN is #19 in the PDF Diagram.

You can see the part breakdown on Partspring's Website - TC29D REAR TRANSMISSION CASE & SHIFTER

Hope this helps...

TC29D Neutral Saftey Switch Diagram.gif

Attachments

• New Holland TC40D Trans Range Saftey Switch Testing.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 55
   / TC29D auger stuck, freed, but now won't start
@booboo04 - I believe you are correct path... I think that is the PIN (part # SBA324560140) for the Transmission Neutral Safety Switch that is located on the lower side forward the front of the operator platform.

I'm not a 100% sure which way it goes in... but I think round side first & flat side towards the switch... Again not sure on the orientation...

I attach a couple of pages from my service manual for our TC40D so not the same tractor but for reference. Also I attached a diagram for the TC29D (your tractor) of the part I'm referring to - the switch is #21 & the PIN is #19 in the PDF Diagram.

You can see the part breakdown on Partspring's Website - TC29D REAR TRANSMISSION CASE & SHIFTER

Hope this helps...

View attachment 743648
Wow, that is a real help. My manual shows pretty much the same diagram, which is how I found the balk pin. However, it didn't say anything about the pin (nor the hydro bath, but that wasn't a surprise!) I had tested it in the machine, but since the manual showed it with "pin out" and "pin in" seemed like a must to remove it. On the Partspring's website for my tractor, it looks like it goes like you said, flat side out against the switch. I will keep digging! MANY MANY THANKS!

Last edited:
@dlctcg, I searched around for a balk pin thread but no joy. Started a new one to see if anybody knows which way that pin goes. I really appreciate your sharing the manual. Mine didn't address it at all. Makes you wonder...I guess posting is like fishing, if you don't throw your line in, you won't catch anything. :cool:

/ TC29D auger stuck, freed, but now won't start #14  
I replaced that switch once after my dog chewed the wires off of it but I never removed the pin and don't recall how it was. I had jacked up the left side of the tractor to reduce the loss of hydraulic oil.

I replaced that switch once after my dog chewed the wires off of it but I never removed the pin and don't recall how it was. I had jacked up the left side of the tractor to reduce the loss of hydraulic oil.
So that brought up another question. My helper plugged the wires in for me before I got a chance to intervene. The two wires coming off the switch are black, but the ones that plug it into the harness are orange and green. Please tell me it makes no difference...

/ TC29D auger stuck, freed, but now won't start #16  
I'm thinking the rounded end of the pin goes in first as it probably detects a groove in a shaft. Nearby is a plug with a spring and detent ball (9 and 10) that ride against the same shaft. You would want the rounded end against the shaft so it would cleanly go in and out of the grooves as the ball does.