TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck
I wanted to let everyone know that I got it fixed! I tried to use the cable luber - it was pretty awkward, but managed to get a gracious dose of PB Blaster Silicone down the sleeve. I also had a good look at the whole mechanism, the spring was fine and nothing was broken or missing. Had a field day with that can of spray! Had a helper work the plunger while I was underneath with the PB. FINALLY heard that "click" of the release. Thanks to y'all I'm now much safer!

I have a 33, the cable got rusted up inside and seized the movement. I initially sprayed some penetrating oil inside the cable, but I had to eventually replace it.
Try pushing down on the handle with the brake pedal pushed down. You could disconnect the cable from the linkage and see if the linkage is frozen up.
Thank you

One tip.....if the lube doesn't spray through the luber, loosen it some, then get your red lube spray tube in, then snug it up. Technique is more important than how tight it is.
I will need some more work on my technique, no doubt. :{

Oil is a wonderful thing, kind of like regular maintenance.
As one of my Coastie buddies always said, "lubrication is the key to life!"

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #18  
As one of my Coastie buddies always said, "lubrication is the key to life!"
I've got a NH 1530, similar to a TC29. I bought it new in 1998. The parking brake cable has never been lubed and it still works like new. The tractor has never been in the weather. I would say keeping your tractor out of the weather is the key to longevity.

I've got a NH 1530, similar to a TC29. I bought it new in 1998. The parking brake cable has never been lubed and it still works like new. The tractor has never been in the weather. I would say keeping your tractor out of the weather is the key to longevity.
Thanks Iman. I keep mine under shelter, too. I'm in South Carolina so we always seem to have high humidity. Everything needs extra attention. I guess it goes without saying, "there's ALWAYS something to do!" Appreciate your input!