TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #1  

RRRPBR

Tractor
TC30
I’m needing torque specs for the housing cover, please.

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #2  
@RRRPBR - I looked and I didn't see a specific torque spec in my repair manual for the T-stat housing... (someone else might have an exact torque spec, but I didn't see one)

But NH does list the minimum torque specs for hardware based on size & type....

I attached both the T-stat & the Torque Spec sections for your own review... (see the highlighted sec)

Hope this helps -

Attachments

• New Holland TC Thermostat Replcement.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 64
  • New Holland TC General Torque Specs.pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 51
   / TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #3  
Because the housing is almost always gasketed, in reality no torque spec is need. In the case of the housing, common sense prevails.

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque
Thank you’ll for the response. Now here’s a newbie question. I disassembled the cover from the housing or “case” as titled by NH. I didn’t pay attention to the direction of the cover when I removed it and now I’m uncertain which direction it goes back on. Does the fat side face inward or outward from the engine? I’m assuming it faces inward but want to be 100% sure before I put it back together. All of the schematics I have found don’t show that much detail.

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #6  
Guthentight will be good. Don't want to damage the gasket being too tight. Put a thin layer of RTV blue on both side of the gasket, let it skin for a few minutes and you will be good.

Last edited:
   / TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #7  
Actually Kubota 3 Bond works better and any Kubota dealer will have it. Comes in tubes. Either that or Detroit Diesel Anerobic sealant but you will have a hard time buying that even from a DDEC retail dealer as it's a service application chemical.

The issue with 'Blue Glue' is if it gets squeezed out inside the housing, it will flake-break off and wind up in the radiator or foul the thermostat itself.

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #8  
Three Bond (Japanese) must be better since it costs over twice of Permatex RTV eh

Permatex anerobic flange sealant works well also.

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #9  
Three Bond (Japanese) must be better since it costs over twice of Permatex RTV eh.
If you are that cheap (which I'm not as a tube of 3 bond is under 5 bucks), then use what makes you happy. RTV has it's place but not in a liquid contact or hydraulic application.

/ TC30 Thermostat Housing Torque #10  
I have used both and they work well, but it's little over $5 for Thee Bond.....
Permatex makes sealants for most all applications.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Bond-Sealant-Liquid-Gasket/dp/B007TWXI1K

PS. No need for name calling.

1.png2.png