3-Point Hitch TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !!

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #1  

WindyKnoll

Tractor
New Holland TC33D
I am the proud owner of a 2005 New Holland TC33D hydro. I bought this baby brand new and have put 1100 hard hours on the old girl with relatively few problems. That changed a couple of weeks ago. When I was driving along, with a implement raised, the 3 pt hitch would let itself down until eventually it would be dragging on the ground. The problem really shows itself when I have a 3 pt implement raised and I push into a pile of stuff and lift it with the loader. As soon as I lift the loader, the 3 pt drops to the ground immediately. If I bungee cord the 3 pt control all the way up and the pump is running open the 3pt won't drop, but I can't imagine that is good for it. Anyway, do any of you fine owners have any suggestions on what the problem may be? I am scared to take it to my local New Holland dealer because I have been hearing some horror stories about quality of repairs and very costly troubleshooting. Thoughts? Thank you !!

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #2  
Check valve in the system leaking? 1100 hours,...has your hydraulic fluid and filter been changed at the recommended intervals?

I have an '06 hyrdo TC40DA with 1100 hours so your story has my interest.

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !!
I have been very diligent at all service levels. I did the hydraulic oil at 100 hours, with all new filters. After that, filters at 100 hours and full oil change every 400 hours. Believe me, it has my attention too !!

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #4  
Does your TC33 have what new holland calls the HPL Drop Rate Control Valve? My operators manual covers models ranging from the TC35 to the T45 and mentions this valve. It's located directly in front of the seat platform and has about a 1" knob. It's for adjusting the rate at which your link arms drop. Turn "in" (clockwise) to decrease rate of drop,...opposite to increase rate of drop... Maybe play with that, perhaps some debris or blockage is in the valve?

I don't have a draft valve on mine either, but that might be another suspect if your tractor has it.

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #5  
I had a massy that did this, and found that under the fender there is a drag adjustment, it's like 2 little brake pads, you adjust the pads to hold the 3 pt. levers where you set it. yours may have something similar to the massey.
set the lever and watch the lever slowly go down. if that is what you are having problems with you have something simalar to what I found on the massey....
david

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #6  
... If I bungee cord the 3 pt control all the way up and the pump is running open the 3pt won't drop...

Does you lever drop without a bungee cord? I have the same tractor (900hrs) and the lever stays where I leave it. I don't have a repair manual but I'd bet there is a friction nut that may need some tightnening.

Does you TPH go into bypass when you raise it all the way? There is a limit switch on the left upper arm that can be adjusted if this is the case. Mine needed some adjustment about a year ago.

Attachments

• P2270003.JPG
    P2270003.JPG
    874 KB · Views: 484
   / TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !!
Thanks for the replies !! Yes, when I put the bungee cord on the 3pt lever, holding it in the "all the way up" position, the implement does hold position. I did notice that the 3pt was dropping last night when I was driving over bumps with no load in the loader, and the lever was not "bungeed". Every time the loader bounced the 3pt would drop a bit. I think my next step would be to see if I can bungee the 3pt lever in a "half way up" position, and see if it holds there. If so, the lever adjustment would probably be the fix, right?

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #8  
Might try grinding up some of them little blue pills into the fluid... :)

Could be something as simple as a speck of grit in one of the valve seats for the lift. Overtime, the seats can go bad...and the valve springs can change tension.

/ TC33D 3pt Not Staying Up !! #9  
I do think you need to have your unit serviced, if you have to have a bungee cord to hold up the 3 pt. it needs to be adjusted and as far as the FEL sounds like the cylinders seals are leaking this happens to all of us. my new tractor seals leaked from the factory and where repaired by the dealer. if the seals are leaking you will not see it on the ground it will be bypassing the seals on the inside. like a bypass.
david