TC33D throttle friction adjust?

/ TC33D throttle friction adjust? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
The friction on the throttle on my TC33D just loosened up. What is the easiest way to get to it behing the dashboard to see what I need to do to tighten things back up again?

/ TC33D throttle friction adjust? #2  
You can gain access to the nut to tighten it up by removing the panel in front of your right foot. I've had to tighten my twice, but its been a few years since I last did it.

Attachments

• Steering System-1.pdf
    892 KB · Views: 83
  • Steering System-2.pdf
    925 KB · Views: 76
   / TC33D throttle friction adjust? #3  
If you have never had the lower side consoles off before... be careful when you are removing the 2 bolt from the firewall (under the hood) those bolts see a lot of heat & sometimes freeze up in there.

They go through the firewall & then into brass blind nuts that are molded into the console panel itself... If they don't easily come free spray them down a few times with penetrating oil & be patient (go easy).

If you break the blind nuts molded in the console panel so it spins free in the console or worse yet break the console piece; it is a painful (& expensive) lesson to learn...

/ TC33D throttle friction adjust?
Thanks, guys. Looks simple enough if I can manage not to break the nuts.

/ TC33D throttle friction adjust? #5  
Ýou may want to find another metric nut matching what is there and double nut the throttle, otherwise it will loosen again.

/ TC33D throttle friction adjust?
Ýou may want to find another metric nut matching what is there and double nut the throttle, otherwise it will loosen again.
First time it's happened in 21 years of owning the tractor, but probably a good precaution.

/ TC33D throttle friction adjust? #7  
Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread. Was expecting a horrible repair, as this has been driving me to drink for several months. My stick throttle has been slipping ever since I had the throttle cables replaced (diesel pump died, and had to be rebuilt, so I thought as long as the repair guy was in there, I would have the broken cable repaired). I mowed most of the summer pedaling the throttle to maintain my PTO speed. After a couple of hours of fighting this afternoon, I finally looked at the forums to see if anyone else was fighting the same issue, and how intensive the repair is. This was so easy, I am feeling a bit sheepish that I waited so long to find the method and complete the repair. Thanks for all the input.