TC33D tilt steering quit working

/ TC33D tilt steering quit working #1  

Anonymous Poster

The tilt steering on my TC 33D no longer will hold in place. It just goes back to the up position. Has anyone else had this problem? Only have 80 hours and this seems to be too soon for things to start breaking.

Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ TC33D tilt steering quit working
I remember someone else having a problem with that. Here's a thread about the same thing. Tilt Steering I would let the dealer fix it unless you are a great distance from them and really need to use it.

/ TC33D tilt steering quit working #3  
Fast forward a year from that thread and the tilt piston on my TC33D has been replaced twice under warranty. If your steering area gets wet very often (rain) the piston mechanism craps out and has to be replaced. The solution is to have the dealer replace the piston and make sure you store your tractor out of the weather. I don't have that luxury right now so I put a big trash bag over my steering wheel and column and tie it tight. Hopefully it will keep the piston from dying on me again until I can build a permanent place to store my tractor out of the weather.

/ TC33D tilt steering quit working #4  
When your dealer replaces the shock, ( I have freed up the little pin only to have it stick again) ask them about a new ( with in the last year or so) plastic cover for the top of the shock that covers and helps keep water and debris from the little pin that sticks