TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning?

/ TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning? #1  

OhioCowboy

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK3510se HST Open Station w/FEL, RK24 HST w/FEL & Backhoe, DEAD-NH TC33D HST
Mowing and tractor made loud noises from the front. I thought it was the fan belt flying around in the plastic shroud Sounded like plastic rather than metal.. Not so. I'm thinking water pump? I've taken off radiator and notice the fan is free spinning. Is that normal? I thought it would be attached to the water pump impeller and at least feel the pump turning. Isn't the impeller on these plastic or nylon?

/ TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning? #2  
Not normal for the fan to freewheel. Guessing that the water pump impeller is cast iron, but it's only a guess.

/ TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning?
Removed pump. No noises or pieces of metal coming from pump when turned. Guess I'll have to keep looking further for the noise. I was hoping it would be something simple. Not this time. Thanks.

/ TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning? #4  
Ohio Cowboy,

Please keep us updated when you find the source of your troubles. I have the same tractor and will have to keep a look out for what ever you find.

Thanks.

/ TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning? #5  
Water pump on my 1700 sepperated the shaft from the pump and the blade moved forward about 1/4 inch and wobboled just enough to rub the shroud around the raidiator. I had to replace the pump. When I took the pump off I could pull the fan and the shaft out of the pump. It was in 2 pieces but did not come apart until I took it off of the tractor. Break was not visible when it was on the tractor. I think your's broke internally.

If it moves anymore toward the radiator it will rub and damage the radiator and the fan blade and shroud. I would not use the tractor until you give it a through check to see if this is the problem.

If your radiator is still off of your tractor, pull the fan blade forward and see it it comes off in your hand. Don't use enough force to break the blade. Water pump can be replaced without removing the radiator if you already put the radiator back on.

Last edited:
   / TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning?
Found the cause. Spun a bearing, broke a connecting rod at the crank plus the expected damage that is associated with that. Block was OK though. Required an engine rebuild. Just an FYI to members. It's hard to find a dealer that sells short or long blocks for the older compacts. (If they do, they are hard to locate-especially in my area) Mine is the TC33D. Dealer says it's due to the Tier-4 regulations by the EPA. I hope it wasn't a sales tactic to get me to buy a new tractor. I found re-manufactured engines online for $5,000-$7,500 + core + shipping of both. I found a local shop to rebuild it since rebuild kits are still available.

Last edited:
   / TC33D water pump-Fan Free Spinning? #7  
Anyone who needs a service manual for these new Holland should send me a PM, by the way.