tc33D wont start

/ tc33D wont start #1  

gwhynot

Tractor
ford
my problem is very similar to the other post but with my tc33d i have good voltage with no drop at the starter(when turning key) but i have no voltage at the solenoid wire from the switch i have continuity at the safety switches from the pto and trans interlocks, glow plugs work fine. i read about a seat interlock but didn't find wires or a switch any where around the seat area, it will turn right over if i jump the solenoid (from bat post on starter). when turning the key to start position i hear a relay click but no voltage to the solenoid so i am assuming the switch is good (haven't had time to remove it yet) fuses on the left side fuse block all good,any ideas
George

/ tc33D wont start #2  
I don't know if the TC-33D is different than our TC-33 but we had the inline fuse located near the starter blow once. Cause a no start condition. I think there are other posts about this. One fix I thought was to replace the fuse with a circuit breaker. I hope this helps. Rick

/ tc33D wont start #3  
my problem is very similar to the other post but with my tc33d i have good voltage with no drop at the starter(when turning key) but i have no voltage at the solenoid wire from the switch i have continuity at the safety switches from the pto and trans interlocks, glow plugs work fine. i read about a seat interlock but didn't find wires or a switch any where around the seat area, it will turn right over if i jump the solenoid (from bat post on starter). when turning the key to start position i hear a relay click but no voltage to the solenoid so i am assuming the switch is good (haven't had time to remove it yet) fuses on the left side fuse block all good,any ideas
George

If you jump from the battery post on the starter to the solenoid, you should get the starter to activate without having to use the key switch. You should have bypassed all the interlocks and key switch wiring. (MAKE SURE THE TRACTOR IS NOT IN GEAR WHEN YOU DO THIS!)

The key switch is not oing anythiing it this case. Try it without using the key switch if it still works , then your problem is in the interlocks and wiring between the key and the solenoid. Most starting systems ar set up as a circuit between the battery with the key switch and the interlocks in series with the small wire that activates the solenoid.When the solenoid pulls in, it put full battery power to the solenod through the big battery connection.
Check your grounds to make sure they are good also.

/ tc33D wont start #4  
Just for clarification, when you turn the key to start position, do you get voltage to either one of the small terminals on the solenoid? It will be the 's' terminal specifically. If voltage is present, then the solenoid is bad. The starter should be grounded through the mating to the bell housing. Your going to need someone to turn the key for you in the normal starting way. In neutral, park brake on, sitting in the seat, or whatever you have to do normally. Only one of my tractors has any safety switches, and that's on the clutch pedal. Besides that, I think Jerry has it covered.

/ tc33D wont start
ok no i do not have voltage at the s terminal when turning the key but by jumping the positive terminal on the starter to the s terminal the engine turns over fine . showing continuity at the interlock switches to me means they are operational, so i will look for a in line fuse tomorrow and a loose or burnt wire at the ignition switch. i think the D in tc33D is for diesel?

/ tc33D wont start
as of today here is what i have done
all fuses good
swapped relays around
retested all interlock switches(pto light is not lit)
traced continuity of the purple solenoid wire from relay post (so no breaks in the wire)
i checked the ign switch i have power in, power out in the on position, and power out from the start position
i get all three relays to click in various positions
i have no major voltage drop when turning switch to starter position
if i jump the starter solenoid from the positive post on the starter tractor starts and runs fine
i cant find a seat interlock switch or wiring
it sill wont turn over with the key
the only thing that confuses me is there are 4 wires off the ign switch and i can get power out of only 3 of them.# 1(left to right on the connector ) is power in. the second is power out when in on position #3 is power out at the start position# 4 has no power coming out of it at all no matter what key position (could this be a bad Ignition switch ?)
I am about to run a separate push button from power to the solonoid
can anyone help me or do i need to take it to a dealer

/ tc33D wont start
also in line fuse by starter is good

/ tc33D wont start #8  
i think the D in tc33D is for diesel?

No it stands for "deluxe" as in upscale model, more bells and whistles.

James K0UA

/ tc33D wont start #9  
as of today here is what i have done
all fuses good
swapped relays around
retested all interlock switches(pto light is not lit)
traced continuity of the purple solenoid wire from relay post (so no breaks in the wire)
i checked the ign switch i have power in, power out in the on position, and power out from the start position
i get all three relays to click in various positions
i have no major voltage drop when turning switch to starter position
if i jump the starter solenoid from the positive post on the starter tractor starts and runs fine
i cant find a seat interlock switch or wiring
it sill wont turn over with the key
the only thing that confuses me is there are 4 wires off the ign switch and i can get power out of only 3 of them.# 1(left to right on the connector ) is power in. the second is power out when in on position #3 is power out at the start position# 4 has no power coming out of it at all no matter what key position (could this be a bad Ignition switch ?)
I am about to run a separate push button from power to the solonoid
can anyone help me or do i need to take it to a dealer

Does your tractor have a Thermostart cold starting aid? There is generally a position between START and RUN that connects the Thermostart from the battery, through the key switch to the Thermostart.
Let me make sure I understand you. Going clock wise, starting with the key to the far left you have battery votage at the key switch. With the next position(key verticle) , no voltage, third poition (RUN), you have voltage at the key switch and the 4th position (START) you do do not have voltage. That sounds to me like a bad key switch. I believe the circuit comes from the battery, through the key, through the interlocks and then to the starter solenoid. Can you confirm the circuit? if you don't have voltage at the 4th keyswitch position then you won't have it at the solenoid even if all the interlocks are closed.

I don't think you need a dealer.

/ tc33D wont start #10  
gwhynot...my tc33d (deluxe)will start and run without sitting on it so I don't think it has a interlock. It does have to be in neutral and I have heard of people getting sticks caught in that switch.