TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened

/ TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened #1  

TheProgenator

Tractor
New Holland TC34DA
The throttle on my TC34DA won't stay accelerated and slips back to idle. Everything works fine, the throttle just feels loose. I can accelerate the engine by holding it with my hand but it falls back when I let go. Any advice or instructions on how to get at this and fix it? Many thanks.

/ TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened #2  
Remove the RH cowling covering your steering column. With a 17mm wrench or socket,torque the throttle pivot locknut until you are satisfied with throttle tension. Work the throttle several times and watch the nut you tightened to see if the nut appears to move and you lose the tension you just put in. If it does loosen,I'd suggest replacing the nut first but usually my experience was to replace the nut and bolt along with the nylon washers and the plated backing washer.

/ TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened #3  
Tightening has been all I needed on my tractor, but putting an additional nut on as a locknut has also been suggested in addition to Wrenchguy's solution.

/ TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened
Thank you!

/ TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened #5  
I have the same problem in the winter. I have a cab and it all has to come off the get the cowling off. I am thinking about a plastic wedge in the slot instead of adjustment.

/ TC34DA throttle slips, help pls, needs to be tightened #6  
Good news only 7 bolts to get the cowling off. 4 were in the cowling. So only 3 to peel back the cab supports. Lucky I am. Did not have a metric locknut so that will be next time. Winter is coming and I had to get the throttle fixed.