TC35 Fuel Leak

/ TC35 Fuel Leak
Every local shop I talked to said that they could remove the tamper resistant bolts, including the Kioti, NH, JD and Kubota dealers. No one had the correct socket and it's an in-between size. Something like a 9.5 mm and we tried several versions of the "remove anything" sockets as well. Those bolts heads are small, soft metal and in there tight too! If I had the socket I'm certain that I could have done the repair myself. The scary part is that this shop was a referral from a local tractor repair shop and every dealer I talked to except NH said that they have used them before. NH uses Lonestar but it's $500 period and you bring them the pump and wait in line. Able laughed when I told them that and said bring it down and you'll be back on the job by noon on Monday.

I graded out the start of an arena for my wife yesterday afternoon just to make sure everything was working correctly. It seems fine, so I'm loaded up to go start clearing a lot later today if the rain doesn't get any worse than it is now.

/ TC35 Fuel Leak #12  
Search goggle for “9mm decagon”. I know that the inscribed circle is 9mm, but I have no idea if these sockets will fit.

“Use of these tamper resistant fastener tools is subject to Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA) regulations.” Unfortunately they didn’t look at the big picture if your tractor is leaking.

Apparently it is a crime against the state if you are in possession of a 9mm 5 point socket, but if it's a 10 point your ok.

Mike

/ TC35 Fuel Leak #13  
Search goggle for ?mm decagon? I know that the inscribed circle is 9mm, but I have no idea if these sockets will fit.

填se of these tamper resistant fastener tools is subject to Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA) regulations. Unfortunately they didn稚 look at the big picture if your tractor is leaking.

Apparently it is a crime against the state if you are in possession of a 9mm 5 point socket, but if it's a 10 point your ok.

Mike

Mike,

Having the same fuel leak issue on my TC35D. After trying all kinds of wrenches I finally received a 10mm Penta Socket from Australia today. I tightened the bolts hoping the leak would at least be less with no luck (pretty darn tight to begin with) guess I need to order the gaskets / o rings. I'm no mechanic; do you think its safe to pursue on my own? As mentioned earlier in the thread at least $500 is the max... I don't want to create a $1000 problem.

/ TC35 Fuel Leak #14  
I'm no mechanic; do you think its safe to pursue on my own? As mentioned earlier in the thread at least $500 is the max... I don't want to create a $1000 problem.

It's probably not a good idea. The pump will have to be removed and the individual pump elements will have to be disassembled.

From the illustration sleeve(19) cannot be removed until retainer(10) is removed from plunger(6).

pump.jpg

/ TC35 Fuel Leak #15  
thanks Spicer, I had not paid attention and noticed the retainer clip. I replaced the O rings on the top side hoping that would solve the leak but it did not help. It was a little tricky doing that and made me nervous to open up a can of worms with the penta bolts. I guess I'll dish out the money and leave it to the pro's. For what its worth, my tractor is a 1999 TC35D and NH told me it was a pre-emission model so I won't be faced with the EPA issue of $10K and jail time.:confused3: