TC35D cuts out or won't start after getting hot

/ TC35D cuts out or won't start after getting hot #11  
High resistance can how ever and theres alot of contacts involved in the start/run circuit.

^^^ Completely agree - I think he should definitely look at doing the starter relay mod... No down side.
Also this is why I suggested test the battery cable above - when they corrode they can have a lot of resistance that cause all sorts of issues like the OP is having when the tractor is running hot.

/ TC35D cuts out or won't start after getting hot
Thanks to everyone for their comments. I believe the issue has been solved w/ the new glow plug timer apparatus, since it has multiple functions besides the glow plugs. The white wire in my original message on the glow plug timer goes directly to the starter. So, I received the new timer, and put it on. I measured the voltage on the white wire where it clips onto the starter and I get 10 to 11 volts, much more consistent than with the old part. I realize I should have a solid 12v and maybe I do, but the resistance in my alligator clip connections to my meter could be why it's not a sold 12v.

I'll attach a couple photos of the timer, and you can see it has a few capacitors and some resistors, and a whole lot of solder joints at the board. So, since this only occurs when it gets hot, I'm guessing one of the solder joints opens up or has a crack preventing it from starting.

I have run the tractor now for about 3 days, and a couple hours each day. Weather has been in upper 90's, and heat index over 100F, so I know it's getting hot enough. Thus far, it has started up each time after being shut off. We'll see how she goes with more time.

Glow plug relay a.jpg

Glow plug relay backside.jpg

/ TC35D cuts out or won't start after getting hot #13  
Erratic running sounds like what used to be a condenser. Sometimes now called igniter sometimes hidden anywhere on a mower, on the coil or maybe on that board. Nothing should be going on at the starter other than the power is initially picked up there off the large terminal and usually sent to the fuse box/switch which then sends start back to the solenoid to start but the engine should run with all that disconnected as long as the fuse box and switch gets power.

/ TC35D cuts out or won't start after getting hot #14  
Erratic running sounds like what used to be a condenser. Sometimes now called igniter sometimes hidden anywhere on a mower, on the coil or maybe on that board. Nothing should be going on at the starter other than the power is initially picked up there off the large terminal and usually sent to the fuse box/switch which then sends start back to the solenoid to start but the engine should run with all that disconnected as long as the fuse box and switch gets power.
Its diesel so dosnt have a coil, condenser or high voltage ignition system.