TC35D No electrical

/ TC35D No electrical #1  

tractorblue

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D
Turn the ignition key (checked good with meter) and get NO lights on the instrument panel. Fuel solenoid will not engage because its not getting power. Battery checks good, 40amp main fuse good, all 7 fuses good, seat safety switch by-passed, PTO safety switch by-passed. 12 volts at the main fuse block. Cleaned and tightened battery posts and ground lug. Dead as door knob. What am I missing?

Last edited:
   / TC35D No electrical #2  
Your getting 12v out of the ignition?

/ TC35D No electrical
SOLVED: i had cleaned battery post and ground connection. BUT it was the red positive cable wires that were corroded underneath the terminal lugs. Took a power drill and wire brush and cleaned the wires and terminal lugs connection. Its the simple things that are often overlooked; even though I had previously tightened the terminal lugs.

/ TC35D No electrical #4  
God to know you got it running... Just keep an eye on both the positive & negative cables, the NH TC's cables are known to have internal corrosion issues & cause all sorts of issues.

/ TC35D No electrical #5  
Harbor Freight sells a dandy battery terminal cleaner for under 5 bucks. A must for every tool box...

/ TC35D No electrical #6  
Gotta love those quick find and fix. :)

/ TC35D No electrical #7  
SOLVED: i had cleaned battery post and ground connection. BUT it was the red positive cable wires that were corroded underneath the terminal lugs. Took a power drill and wire brush and cleaned the wires and terminal lugs connection. Its the simple things that are often overlooked; even though I had previously tightened the terminal lugs.
The battery is in a spot on these that can get wet when it rains. Not the worst thing but can cause issues.