TC35D with MMM and FEL

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #1  

grottokid1

I plan on buying a TC35D next spring. However, I do have a few questions. I plan on buy my TC35D with a FEL and a finish mower.

Questions:

1.) Should I buy the TC35D with a mid mounted finish mower or a rear mounted finish mower?
2.) What size and type of finish mower should I buy? 72 in. or 84 in. rear discharge or side discharge with the wind tunnel option
3.) If I was to go with the MMM, can I mower with the FEL still attacted?
4.) I would also like to know the widest width of the TC35D with R4 (Industrial Tires) on it? I am concerned that I may have to buy a larger trailor to transport it.

Anyone wishing to reply to this thread, I would be very appreciative and would most certainly welcome your responses?

thanks,

Scott

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #2  
Well I can comment on #4. With my R4's it's just perhaps 2-3 inches less than 6ft. My 6ft wide trailer is a snug fit for the rear tires.
Be sure and to get the HD bucket if your doing any loader work other than sawdust.

gary

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #3  
I went with a rear mount mower. My dealer recommended this for two reasons; the first being the severely reduced ground clearance using the MMM, the second being it is a major pain in the asset to remove the MMM. I went with the 60", precisely because it WILL be in between the tires. I have a lot of trees, and the dealer said us young inexperianced tractor owners are hell on implements that stick beyond the tires, and the tires offer some protection against me whacking the trees. We'll see if that holds true in a couple of months.

There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very, very few old bold pilots. And they get scarcer every day.

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #4  
As gmason noted, your tractor is slightly less than 72". Don't forget that the 84" mower would not fit in the std. utility trailer. Also, I recommend 18' length, dual axle, 7,000 lb GVW minimum. If you load your R4s with fluid, you will be pushing the weight limit of your trailer without the FEL. Add the FEL or a heavy implement and you will be too heavy for the average utility trailer. You will have to go to the larger (read: more $$$) 10,000+ lb GVW trailer.

JimI

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #5  
Hi there,
Just purchased a 25D, FEL, BH, and Landpride 72" finish rear discharge (3pt.) I originally purchased a side discharge and returned it. The rear discharge is the way to go. It eliminates having to cut in the same direction. But most of all I didn't want to have to get off the tractor every 5 min. to clear the shoot on the outside row which was blowing into the high weeds dividing the property lines. Most of all you don't have to worry about shooting debris into the vehicles and house or children when mowing close. Last, I didn't read until I purchased the mower about the effects of the dust coming up in your face on the MMM. Search this out in these forums and you'll see the complaints. Make sure the mower has zerks all over and if your land is really rough get the air tires with the fill. The hard tires will beat the heck out of the mower.
Good luck

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #6  
I have a 60" MMM. I have some trees and wouldn't want anything wider.

I do not like the fact that the mower is "MID". When moving dirt with my FEL or when box scraping the MMM on my Deere gets in the way.

Dirt comes on it and gets in the pulleys and belt enclosure. It should be cheaper to get a rear mower. You would sacrifice some maneuverability but may be worth it when considering other factors.

Again, I would not get a MMM again.

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #7  
I have a tc35d w/loaded r4's. I have not weighed it but i figured if i load it along with fel and another attachment onto a 7000 trailer I would be overloaded. went shopping for a 10000 trailer. discovered 12,000 trailer was only $300 more. bought 12000 trailer. I have farm tags. I have been told that you could have gvw problems if you use commerical tags. I have a 6 ft bushhog finish mower with side discharge. If i was buying another, I would learn more about the rear discharge type. I use a ztr mower for my yard. I would hate to mow a lot of yard with a lot of trees with any tc35d setup.

went

/ TC35D with MMM and FEL #8  
Right on! I agree with everything you said. For your extra $300 on your trailer, did you get new 6-ply rated tires too? If you did, that was a great deal. I'd expect the tires to add at least $200 just by themselves. My 18', 7000 lb GVW trailer was $1,095 with used tires. I shopped for 6 mos. until I found it. In TX it's easy to find trailers, but not easy to find them at a good price.

JimI