Tc35da Engine block

/ Tc35da Engine block #11  
Oh boy. You are lucky the tractor didn't break in half on you.

/ Tc35da Engine block
I'd have to agree on that one, I'm worried it will come off in two peices lol. I'm not quite convinced if welding would be a soutable repair. Would love to find a block... Need to get it working as my to-35 I use to cut with is in need of a rebuild.

/ Tc35da Engine block #13  
I'm just thinking that a durable weld job would mean total disassembly, veeing out the cracks, heating block in a large oven, welding inside and out, all by experts. That will all come with a big price too.

/ Tc35da Engine block
For sure... I've got the block ready to come out, just never did cast welding, only steel, aluminum titanium magnesium and stainless, so I'd want a pro to do it for sure.

/ Tc35da Engine block
Shoot, with the cost of rods, would be cheaper to have a pro do it then practice on something else too hahah

/ Tc35da Engine block
Update: with the block being fudged anyways, I'm going to be attempting a welding the block up with muggyweld 77 and 3/4 bevel. Will post updates as I'm going in case it works and someone else is in a similar boat. Engines out and apart waiting for welding Roda to get here and some degreaser. 20200707_172011.jpeg

/ Tc35da Engine block
Update 2: beveled the cracks ~. 5in width ~. 125in depth with a carbide cutter. Waiting on the rods to get here, already de greased the block and lightly coated with oil. Going to wipe areas with acetone prior to welding.

/ Tc35da Engine block
Update: It's welding day! Been busy, about half way done, but working slow to manage the temperature of the block, pics will be coming later tonight. Block started "ringing" again when tapped with a peen hammer

/ Tc35da Engine block
Pics of weld and back in tractor on its own weight. Checked for cracks for welding with dye penitrate, so far so good. 20200713_205942.jpeg20200714_114148.jpeg20200714_183708.jpeg20200714_213445.jpeg