TC45 Unused Fuse Slots

/ TC45 Unused Fuse Slots #1  

dieselscout80

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
In the post linked to below the manual shows two empty fuse slots between 4 & 5 and after #5.

Can those unused fuse slots be used and what would be required to use them?

/ TC45 Unused Fuse Slots #2  
Typically, no because they don't have the terminal connectors in the unused ports. If the connectors are there, it means they most likely have wire attached and go to a predetermined location. You can buy standard fuse terminal connectors (shown below), but your tractor may not use standard connectors. You may have to pull one out and check but be aware that takes a special release tool. I've never seen the connectors listed separately in any tractor parts manual. See what your dealer suggests.

Termial Connector-Fuse.jpg

/ TC45 Unused Fuse Slots #3  
In the post linked to below the manual shows two empty fuse slots between 4 & 5 and after #5.

Can those unused fuse slots be used and what would be required to use them?

@dieselscout80 - Also that fuse panel shown in the link is for a TC33D... if you are looking at that in regards / in reference to your TC45DA, I think you find it has a completely different fuse box, fuse box location & that all the fuse slots are full from the factory, (but double check)... pretty sure your panel will be the same as the one in the TC35D thru TC45D.

If you are looking to add accessories to the TC45DA you might be better off adding a Aux Fuse Panel (or use in-line fuses) for those accessories.

I added one to our TC40D, near the factory fuse panel -

Aux Fuse Block.jpg

/ TC45 Unused Fuse Slots
@dieselscout80 - Also that fuse panel shown in the link is for a TC33D... if you are looking at that in regards / in reference to your TC45DA, I think you find it has a completely different fuse box, fuse box location & that all the fuse slots are full from the factory, (but double check)... pretty sure your panel will be the same as the one in the TC35D thru TC45D.

If you are looking to add accessories to the TC45DA you might be better off adding a Aux Fuse Panel (or use in-line fuses) for those accessories.

I added one to our TC40D, near the factory fuse panel -

View attachment 768696
You are correct.