TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #1  

BobBlooms

Looking for assistance to replace fuel line in my TC45D. Age has caught up the hose. It looks like fuel is just bleeding through the rubber. I have drained the tank. What is next?

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #2  
Looking for assistance to replace fuel line in my TC45D. Age has caught up the hose. It looks like fuel is just bleeding through the rubber. I have drained the tank. What is next?
Fill the tank back up, shut the tank valve off, take off the offending hoses and replace them with new fuel hose, open the tank valve, bleed the fuel delivery system and you should be good to go.

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #3  
And don't buy your new fuel line from Walmart. And don't buy vacuum hose. Most auto parts stores sell fuel line by the foot. You just need to know the size.

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #4  
@BobBlooms - If your TC45D is the same as our TC40D then there is no fuel shut off at the tank so don't fill the tank until after the new fuel line is installed.

You should shut off the fuel valve at the filter housing just to keep the junk out prior to disconnecting the fuel line.

Again if it is the same as the TC40D then:
- The fuel hose & return vent hose run together in split loom under the operator platform & is zip-tied in a few spots (with 1 clamp by the filter housing), which makes it a pain to run a new one.
- The loom will most likely be filled with dirt & debris so you will most likely have to clip the zip-ties
- As others said but quality fuel hose & plug or tape the ends as you run it to keep it clean
- At the tank end the hose connects to a 90 degree fitting that is just pushed into a bushing on the tank. I believe there is one hose clamp on the fuel hose.
- After you have the new line run & connected to the tank, don't connect the fuel line to the filter housing yet, just plug it or pinch it off. Add fuel to the tank & flush the new line out with clean fuel. Then connect it to the filter housing & blead it.

I believe the fuel hose is 5/16" inside diameter (7.9mm) & the return vent hose is 3/16" inside diameter (I changed both on ours... with a new piece of loom because I had our TC apart)

This pic is from the top because I had the operator platform removed (for other reasons) but might give you an idea of how its is run.

Fuel Line.jpg

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT
@BobBlooms - If your TC45D is the same as our TC40D then there is no fuel shut off at the tank so don't fill the tank until after the new fuel line is installed.

You should shut off the fuel valve at the filter housing just to keep the junk out prior to disconnecting the fuel line.

Again if it is the same as the TC40D then:
- The fuel hose & return vent hose run together in split loom under the operator platform & is zip-tied in a few spots (with 1 clamp by the filter housing), which makes it a pain to run a new one.
- The loom will most likely be filled with dirt & debris so you will most likely have to clip the zip-ties
- As others said but quality fuel hose & plug or tape the ends as you run it to keep it clean
- At the tank end the hose connects to a 90 degree fitting that is just pushed into a bushing on the tank. I believe there is one hose clamp on the fuel hose.
- After you have the new line run & connected to the tank, don't connect the fuel line to the filter housing yet, just plug it or pinch it off. Add fuel to the tank & flush the new line out with clean fuel. Then connect it to the filter housing & blead it.

I believe the fuel hose is 5/16" inside diameter (7.9mm) & the return vent hose is 3/16" inside diameter (I changed both on ours... with a new piece of loom because I had our TC apart)

This pic is from the top because I had the operator platform removed (for other reasons) but might give you an idea of how its is run.

View attachment 761463
Sealing the ends is a great idea. Will assume that taking down the loom and washing it will make it easier to fill. Replacing the return is a good idea. Might as well since it is as old as the fuel line. Did you lift up the fuel tank? I am having a tough time removing the securing bolts. Thanks for the help.

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #6  
Did you lift up the fuel tank? I am having a tough time removing the securing bolts.

Well my situation was different, as I had our TC stripped down already for another issue & I wound up cleaning up or replacing anything that was showing signs of wear... So I had pretty easy access to everything. I had the entire tank removed so as I put it back together replaced the hoses & loom.

Yes cleaning out the loom will make it easier, but I replaced mine because it was such a mess & it was inexpensive... it is amazing how packed up it can get.

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #7  
My tc40 had a little crack in the fuel line at the tank side. It also has no shut off. I simply put a drain pan under it and worked quick to trim the line back. Lost less than 1 pint of fuel.

If you want to loose no fuel duct tape a shop vac to the filler neck then do your fuel line.

/ TC45D FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT #8  
Another filthy tractor picture....lol If I were you, I'd replace the black fuel line with clear reinforced with nylon weave racing fuel line. It's not cheap but you'll never replace it again and use Witek worm clamps or spying clamps on the ends. Very partial to the clear, reinforced fuel line myself. Wash it first, that way you stay cleaner and it will work better too...lol