TC45d Fuel problem

/ TC45d Fuel problem #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
TC45d was idling in my driveway for about a half hour today and sounded like fuel ran out. Fuel tank was all the way full for over a month. I think fuel is not getting through. Fuel filter shows less than half full of fuel. I disconnected fuel hose from (circled in red)filter and plenty of fuel came out so the hose to tank is flowing.
Might a new filter inside the filter housing fix this? That is my next move.
Thanks for any input.
1638832829622.png

/ TC45d Fuel problem #2  
From the looks of it the filter looks fairly clean, I would check to see if the fuel solenoid is energized and opening allowing fuel to pass through.

/ TC45d Fuel problem
thx
would it have just failed while running?
Looks like you live right across the river from me:)

/ TC45d Fuel problem #4  
I would then loosen the bleed screw on the injector pump to see if it is getting there. Then, suspect the solenoid/fuse/relay.

/ TC45d Fuel problem
thank you
i will try that and check the solenoid tomorrow weather permitting

/ TC45d Fuel problem
FYI I just went out to the tractor and messed with a safety I have had issues with off and on for years (I didn't see any issue but I took the connections apart a couple times). Then I cranked the tractor over and it shortly started sputtering and took off.
I note that the fuel bowl around the filter pulled the fuel level all the way down but it ran for about 45 minutes before I turned it off. I could see a slight sheet of fuel running down the inside of the bowl but the level never filled up. I guess the bowl does not fill up like I thought it should.
I will see if the problem reoccurs but I can't imagine it fixed itself.
Thanks for the suggestions.

/ TC45d Fuel problem #7  
This information is from my TC 35-40-45 DA Operators Manual on page 2-6. The safety switches (in neutral, PTO off, and either someone in the seat or the parking brake on) allows the fuel solenoid to be energized when starting. If the 3 conditions are not met it will turn over but not start. For it to idle, which it can do with the PTO engaged, it has to be in neutral and the parking brake set, otherwise it shuts off in 2 seconds when you leave the seat. Again it shuts off the fuel by de-energizing the fuel solenoid. If you are having issues with a safety switch that may be your problem.

/ TC45d Fuel problem
Thank you. That explains what I think happened then. When I fiddled with the safety connection it apparently was actually the issue.I appreciate the info.