TC45DA radiator replacement - anyone want to share tips?

/ TC45DA radiator replacement - anyone want to share tips? #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
It appears I'm on the verge of having to pull the radiator on my TC45DA as there's apparently a leak in it somewhere as small pools of green pee seem to form under the tractor after a day or so and I'm comfortable it's not a hose connection... It's clearly somewhere on the radiator itself based on where the coolant is dripping from.
Anyhow - next step will be to drain and then pull the radiator... Doesn't looks too bad over all, few bolts on top for the overflow, a few on the back holding it to the fan cowling, a bit of maneuvering around the hydraulic cooler and 2 big bolts on the bottom that hold it in place... Hoses disconnected - looks like a lift out...
Anyone done this? What am I missing, what tool was the "I need that" moment? What are the hidden tricks and unreachable bolt moments?

I learned long ago the experience here is worth it's weight in gold and all you have to do is ask!

Thanks in advance.

/ TC45DA radiator replacement - anyone want to share tips? #2  
Do find the leak first!!!! Hate to see it be a water pump!

/ TC45DA radiator replacement - anyone want to share tips? #3  
check the coolant drain valve along the frame . I had one leak on a tc35d until I took it out. The one on my farmall40 drips occasionally. lt190b