TC45DA Super Steer hub leak

/ TC45DA Super Steer hub leak #11  
What will it hurt to have a vent in the fill plug? Going to pull this thing apart again and check for cracks in the shaft and the housing. If none found I'll replace both bearings then the seal again.

A creates a contamination source. If venting the axle was the answer, you wouldn’t be back here with a leak. There are thousands of CUTs in service of many brands with unvented axles that don稚 leak. Your problem is cureable, just not by putting a hole in the dipstick.

/ TC45DA Super Steer hub leak
A creates a contamination source. If venting the axle was the answer, you wouldn’t be back here with a leak. There are thousands of CUTs in service of many brands with unvented axles that don稚 leak. Your problem is cureable, just not by putting a hole in the dipstick.

Agreed there. I'm getting pretty good at pulling this thing apart. Lol

Thinking about this, if the seal between the axle and the hub is leaking, would that overfill the hub and put too much pressure on that hub seal?

/ TC45DA Super Steer hub leak #14  
Thinking about this, if the seal between the axle and the hub is leaking, would that overfill the hub and put too much pressure on that hub seal?

Seal between the axle and hub? There is no seal that prevents oil from flowing from the front axle center section into the final drive housings. The axle system uses 5 seals. The pinion shaft seal, and 2 each of the axle shaft seals in the final drive housings and 2 each of the steering swivel seals where the final drive housings turn side to side to effect steering. That’s why a swivel seal or hub seal leak eventually starves the center section of oil and trashes the differential pinion shaft bearings.

Thank you RickB. Every time I go to use the tractor I can smell the gear oil and top it off.