TC55 DA Failure to move. Help

/ TC55 DA Failure to move. Help #1  

shaley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford '92 2120
Just got the TV and internet back today after Irene. I'm gonna leave the plywood on the windows for now.
Anyway I have a 60' White Oak across my MIL's yard I need to cut up and move. I was cleaning my yard of smaller trees and all of a sudden my TC55 would not move. The seat switch seems to work; if you stand up it beeps and when you sit down it immediately stops. It sat out in 10" of rain in the middle of a clearing while Irene passed so I started checking electrical connections. Did not find anthing obvious. It seems to be related to the inching pedal. Has anyone adjusted the potentiometer that acts as a pedal position sensor?

/ TC55 DA Failure to move. Help #2  
If it is creeping along when you press the accelerator pedal is more than likely the potentiometer. These are pesky little devices that we had lots of trouble with and are very difficult to set. Your dealer will have to set it most likely as you will need a ohm meter with specific terminals to plug into it. You can try to unplug it and check for moisture in the connection first just for grins. Good luck.:)

/ TC55 DA Failure to move. Help
Just a follow up. I replaced the potentiometer mainly b/c it got destroyed when I pressed the clutch pedal while the pot was out of it's mount and it got crushed. I did find a elec connector on the Fwd/Rev switch which was not seated all the way. Anyway, seems to work now.