TC55 Paint and Primer issues

/ TC55 Paint and Primer issues #1  

shaley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford '92 2120
Im having some early rust issues on my 08 TC55 on the floor pans and sheet metal below the seat. When I got ready to repaint it I notice there was no primer beneath the Blue top coat. Is this a new process for NH. If so, it's not very heavy duty. I keep mine under a pole barn but driving rain will sometimes get things wet.

/ TC55 Paint and Primer issues #2  
In some cases, the factory will use a primerless paint. I'm sure that the paint is much better than it was then, but remember the late 80's and early 90's GM cars that peeled like they had a sunburn? Same thing. That's really all I've got lol

/ TC55 Paint and Primer issues #3  
Im having some early rust issues on my 08 TC55 on the floor pans and sheet metal below the seat.

My floor pan undersides are so bad that I don't even dare try to fix them. I swear they look like they were dipped in salt water and then shot with paint after they dried. The paint is coming off in big sheets and the surface beneath is deeply rusted and pitted. If they ever structurally fail, I'll be forced to do something, but I don't think anything could be done now without full disassembly of the platform down to component parts. I don't know what it is about these parts, but I can full sympathize with you and the huge job you'll have. Maybe you can stop the rust before it looks like mine.:rolleyes: