TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #31  
CJ4 said:
Ford 850,

What model is your tractor? My TC55DA only has the Potentiometer that works from the Inching Pedal. I do however have a switch like you're describing a bit to the rear of the Potentiometer that screws into the side of the case. I think it's a range switch but i'd have to look it up.
cj4,
My tractor is a 2007 DX55 EHSS.
The pictures are of the inching pedal and potentiometer area. #91 shows the switch I was refering to, but it is sort of bleached out in the photo. #92 is the same angle but this time with the inching pedal depressed. #93 is from the same angle but not zoomed in so much.

Attachments

• Jun05#91.JPG
    Jun05#91.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 688
  • Jun05#92.JPG
    Jun05#92.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 757
  • Jun05#93.JPG
    Jun05#93.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 511
   / TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #32  
CJ4... good question what fixed or didn't fix it. I'd say it had something to do with something unplugging and plugging it back in or maybe it was the potentiometer having a bad spot?

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #33  
Ford 850,

Not sure on that one, it's not like mine. All my inching pedal moves is the Potentiometer and the inching cable which moves the EHSS valve only 2mm. Wonder if your switch is a neutral safety switch or something??? Boy i've read my _utt off on my tractor repair manual and honestly learned alot about it. The repair manual is definately worth having. Alot of it I don't understand but with alot of time alot of it made good sense.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #34  
Diesel Monk,

It very well could have been the unplugging either the neutral 1-2 switch or one of the switches on the EHSS control valve. I've got the Breakout box ordered and I'm anxious to see if the Potentiometer is adjusted correct.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #35  
CJ4 said:
Ford 850,

Not sure on that one, it's not like mine. All my inching pedal moves is the Potentiometer and the inching cable which moves the EHSS valve only 2mm. Wonder if your switch is a neutral safety switch or something??? Boy i've read my _utt off on my tractor repair manual and honestly learned alot about it. The repair manual is definately worth having. Alot of it I don't understand but with alot of time alot of it made good sense.
CJ4,
Thanks for comparing yours to my pictures. My serial number is 13 after the cutover to the newest version. Apparently there were more hidden changes and I am finding them one by one. The Case DX55's were changed starting in 02/07, while I think the TC's were changed when they stared with the new numbering system later in the year. My problem is when I try to look up parts. In this case with the inching pedal, the parts diagrams are incorrect, and actually show the clutch design. No way to look up parts at the dealer, on the CNH site, or Messick's. If I go back to the earlier versions in the parts diagrams they show the EHSS but not all parts are the same (this extra switch for example). I'd like to order a repair manual but I'm afraid to spend several hundred dollars only to get bad diagrams or old versions. I hope to find someone who has purchased the new repair manual and ask them to look at some of these areas to verify they are correct.
Back to my serial number... lucky 13. When I got the tractor and wrote down the serial number for future use, I knew it was a bad luck waiting to happen.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #36  
Ford850, Bummer.....I can feel your disgust with the manual thing. Well I'm disgusted now too because my older disk that worked on Win XP won't work on my new laptops with Vista!!!!! I emailed NH on their website to see if they would help me out with this but no response. Ticks me off...this Vista has caused me more problems. Maybe you could call NH or Messicks and explain the problem and see what their service people are doing about that.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #37  
CJ4, I purchased some manuals on CD for my old tractor but learned my lesson. Seems that everytime I wanted to work on something I had to print pages to take to the shop with me. And then I couldn't add notes in the margins for future reference, etc. I made up my mind this time I'm sticking with the paper manuals. But repair and parts manuals will be $500 - $600. Ouch!

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #38  
Wow, that does hurt!! Well when I work on a specific area, I will print that section and take to the shop, but I know what you mean. The good thing about disc is it's quicker and easier to search. My issue with the Vista operating system has me grounded though!!!! I don't like MS too well right now!!!! The repair manuals are almost a must though if you're going to keep your tractor a long time and do some serious work on it yourself.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #39  
After reading all the posts and posting my own problem with 2008 New Holland T2420 (like Boomer 40/60) EHSS tractor not moving, it turned out to be EHSS switch. Tractor is now 15 year old (900 hrs) and I have previously replaced the Safety Controller Box 3 times for issues when it wouldn't start, by not letting power get to fuel solenoid. I think there is a problem with safety control box manufacturing but we will see how long this one lasts.

/ TC55DA - EHSS clutch not engaging. #40  
My TC55DA EHSS FWD/REV shifter was finicky and clutching made things worse. The root cause was an electronic switch for the shifter. Electronics are great when they work, a nightmare when you have intermittent issues.