Tires TC55DA tire position

/ TC55DA tire position #1  

Diesel-ME

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC55DA EHSS 4Wd
Taking inspiration from Roto's excellent TC55DA photo-documentary on tire spacing adjustments, I finally got around to moving out a notch today myself. My wood splitter was a bugger to hook up at the "B" spacing - had to remove the sway bars and get one side at a time on... plus if I get chains it would have been a no-go. Makes me wonder with NH even bothers with position "B" for R4s.

In any case I was pleasantly surprised at how stable the 1,000 pound loaded R4 tires are. I was able to just roll them out of the way and leave them standing, unsupported while working. (just didn't breath on them) :)

Going from position "B" to "C" involves swapping wheels side-side and turning the dish around. Of course it's not quite as easy when you don't have a backhoe on. I used one bottle jack and one floor jack - on a garage floor. Several of the nuts on the dish (is that the right term?) took some time to break free even with a decent impact wrench.

Of course when we were done, my buddy pointed out that if I get chains, perhaps the wood splitter would then be spreading the lift arms too wide (relative to the tires) again. :eek: - But at least I know that it's, umm, relatively easy to make the adjustment now.

~paul

/ TC55DA tire position #2  
I moved my tires to the same position. It makes hooking up attachments so much easier, and it makes the tractor more stable.

/ TC55DA tire position #4  
yeah thanks i have been wonderin how to do this my self. i think i will go to poss. g c is way to wide for my area thanks (tc40a)
dws

/ TC55DA tire position
Osconda said:
Looks like this will be my next modification. Luckily I recently bought an impact wrench. Hope it does the job, so I won't have to.

It took lots of impacting with a decent tool running on a huge air tank. I almost thought I'd have to do the iron pipe breaker bar thing..... also the dish took lots of pounding to break free of the rim. When you reinstall it, the bolts kind of suck it in real tight.

~paul