Tearing up the grass

/ Tearing up the grass #11  
I have run R1 tires for 30 years and never had any issue tearing up grass. And they mash grass a lot less because of less surface area.

/ Tearing up the grass #12  
I too have R1 tires on my New Holland. I try not to turn 180 in soft ground or wet grass. I'm lucky because I can mow forward or backward with the hydro and 3 pt Landpride finish mower. My neighbor asked me once if it hurt my neck or back turning almost sideways to mow backward? I told him that at my age that I needed to stretch whenever I got the chance and it was like a exercise program.

/ Tearing up the grass #13  
R4 will last more longer. Usually a thicker ply. More surface contact area. Once dad had tractor that wouldnt start. It was the neutral safety. He had a 14' disc on it. Then it rained a good bit. So dad and I were in the 1 ton flat bed with good mud grippy tires. My brother came in his 5610 4x4. We un hooked the tractor and pull started it because disc was down. Then we hooked all back together and left. Dad's truck was rooster tailing mud trying to go. Them tractors barely left a mark on the ground. Amazing to see that.

/ Tearing up the grass #14  
I have 80 acres. There is about two acres of lawn around my house and outbuildings. I've had two tractors - both with R-1 tires, both with loaded rear tires.

My current tractor - Kubota M6040 - weighs 10,100 pounds. I have a defined path out of the carport where the tractor is stored. This path takes me out to the remainder of the property or down my mile long gravel driveway.

I simply don't go traipsing around on my lawns with the Kubota. I have a riding mower to cut my lawns.

Depending upon the time of year - the Kubota would either scuff up the grass or, in the spring, leave some fairly deep ruts.

R-4's on my 10K pound Kubota would produce very similar results.

The point being - when you have soft ground - stay off of it whether you have R-1 or R-4 tires.

Pretty simple .........

/ Tearing up the grass
I have 80 acres. There is about two acres of lawn around my house and outbuildings. I've had two tractors - both with R-1 tires, both with loaded rear tires.

My current tractor - Kubota M6040 - weighs 10,100 pounds. I have a defined path out of the carport where the tractor is stored. This path takes me out to the remainder of the property or down my mile long gravel driveway.

I simply don't go traipsing around on my lawns with the Kubota. I have a riding mower to cut my lawns.

Depending upon the time of year - the Kubota would either scuff up the grass or, in the spring, leave some fairly deep ruts.

R-4's on my 10K pound Kubota would produce very similar results.

The point being - when you have soft ground - stay off of it whether you have R-1 or R-4 tires.

Pretty simple .........

This is pretty much my thought as well.