Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
Bit of an odd request here: This auction is local and wondering if someone could recommend a couple oscilloscopes for an electronics amateur to bid on.
Thanks for any help.

Edit: I had to click on the "loading" logo to bring up the auction site.

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction #2  
What do you intend to do with them?

I'd get a dual trace scope and the higher the frequency the better, depending on what you're going to be looking at. The dual trace will let you compare two signals.

The storage scope is also nice in that it will capture transients, if it's set up with the proper trigger.

And the time delay will let you capture something that occurs "well after" the trigger.

P.S. What about probes? It looks like most do not come with probes. If you're buying new, expect $$$$ especially for the high frequency ones.

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction
Reading PWM signals would be an example.

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction #4  
Bit of an odd request here: This auction is local and wondering if someone could recommend a couple oscilloscopes for an electronics amateur to bid on.
Pretty low bids on 'most everything!!
I'd consider one of the Tektronix 22xx 'scopes. I have a 2230 and it's done everything I've needed it to do.

Kinda sucks so many of the scopes have no probes, I suppose worse comes to worst you could build your own. A quick 1/10 voltage divider would give you the equivalent of a x10 probe. They just use a standard BNC connector.

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction #5  
I agree with Oaktree about the Tektronix 22XX scopes. I don't really understand why the probes are not included with those scopes, but you can find the probes on Ebay for around $30 each. You should be aware that the Tektronics probes have a pin on the 10X probes that switches the voltage scale when a 10X probe is connected.

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction #6  
Tektronix indeed, that's what I had in school when studying radar and microwave technology back in the 80's

/ Tech School Electronic Equipment Auction #10  
Thanks for any help.

Edit: I had to click on the "loading" logo to bring up the auction site.
interesting