Temp Gauge

/ Temp Gauge #1  

Dsavage

Tractor
Satoh S470D Buck
Hey guys,
My old Electric temp gauge hasn't worked since I bought the tractor. So I replaced it with a Mech. one.
Question is, the gauge I bought doesn't threat into the block/tractor.
Are these Metric thread.? I'm guessing yes. and I'm not 100% sure what I bought, I didn't even look at the thread one the package.

/ Temp Gauge #2  
I put one on the grey beaver (1450). It came with adapters. I didn't have to remove the electric one, I found another port in the water pump. It had an allen plug in it. The sender screwed right in. Will probably put one on the Buck too.

/ Temp Gauge
ahhhhh I think I may have seen that..! So just plug the other one eh.?

/ Temp Gauge #4  
I think the ports are standard NPT (national pipe thread) - at least I know NPT fittings will seal-up in them.

/ Temp Gauge
I'll have to check.. It seemed to thread in about one or two turns and stop.. I didn't want to force it.

/ Temp Gauge #6  
Some Jap motors use British pipe thread for the senders and you need an adapter.

/ Temp Gauge #7  
That is true for the oil pressure switch. Valley Power gave the the part # for the adapter and I bought one at O'Reilly. I'm not sure about the temp though, the gauge I bought had adapters with it.

/ Temp Gauge #8  
Looking at another thread on this, the threads for both ports should be 3/8 npt. The oil pressure switch port adapter part number is eddleman 265220.