Temporary Rooftop 360 lighting for night and early morning.

/ Temporary Rooftop 360 lighting for night and early morning.
I'm not sure if you're looking more for work lights (i.e. clear lights) or if you're looking for strobe lights (flashing yellow). The link you posted shows a yellow light bar. However, if you're looking for additional lighting to illuminate areas for clearing snow, I would highly recommend the Thomas LED lights. I watch several different tractor/farming channels on YouTube. On one video I watched [DLH Farms], the poster switched his factory work lights on his cab with Thomas LED lights. The change was absolutely unbelievable!! HUUUUUGE difference. I was impressed... so much so that I went to the same place he bought his lights from. I'll warn you: The lights are expensive. I really didn't want to spend $210 on two lights. I was debating for 5 days if I really wanted to spend that money to replace the factory lights that worked without problems. (My tractor is only a month old.) I finally bit the bullet, and ordered two lights. That YouTube video was no exaggeration. These lights are absolutely fantastic. They are insanely bright. And because they are flood lights, they spread out an illuminate everything. They spread out to virtually the sides of the tractor. I was so impressed, I ordered two more for the rear. With 2 of these Thomas lights in the front and 2 in the back, I have lighting on virtually 360 degrees of the tractor. I know you're not looking to spend a lot of money. But if I were you, I'd go for a quality work light such as this Thomas LED light. Especially if you're plowing/snowblowing commercially or regularly. These lights are worth every penny.

Edit: I tried posting links to the YouTube video and to the lights, but it appears I can't post links as a new member. [Frequent TractorByNet stalker. First time poster. :) ]

Welcome! And nice first post. I will have to check those lights out, they sound like they would do the trick!

i put something like this on top of my skidsteer cab; has a cigarette lighter plug.

mine is a clear/white lens, and i have it set on the solid pattern (so no flashing, just a solid light).

i have good front and rear lights on the cab, but needed light on the sides

Strobes N' More Galaxy Mini Next Generation LED Lightbar - StrobesNMore.com

Do you have any pictures? I plan on keeping mine solid pattern hold as well. That looks like a nice light, interested on seeing how it works output wise for you.

/ Temporary Rooftop 360 lighting for night and early morning. #14  
Do you have any pictures? I plan on keeping mine solid pattern hold as well. That looks like a nice light, interested on seeing how it works output wise for you.

Skidsteer is in the garage - these are pics with light off and then on inside the garage. gives off good all around light

89678AAA-C132-4096-B219-5D7B2A8F8BF6.jpeg080985F3-72B6-4245-8F56-62F363053483.jpeg

/ Temporary Rooftop 360 lighting for night and early morning. #16  
Thanks for taking those photos. I think if this cheapo one I bought doesn't do what I want I will step it up and try one tat you have!

it’s actually much brighter than it looks on the picture. it works well in that it at least lets me see what’s on my sides (vs pitch black). it’s not like shining a headlight to the side, but it does the job. i considered installing wired/switched led spotlights on the roof, but I’m no electrician and didn’t want to have a lame light set up in the end

it’s actually much brighter than it looks on the picture. it works well in that it at least lets me see what’s on my sides (vs pitch black). it’s not like shining a headlight to the side, but it does the job. i considered installing wired/switched led spotlights on the roof, but I’m no electrician and didn’t want to have a lame light set up in the end

That is what has me interested in these temporary roof lights, seem to be pretty perfect for what I am looking for.

So they had some poor bastard dropping things off for USPS today and they delivered the light. I had really high hopes for it as it seemed well made, and the light was really bright when I tried it inside the shipping container.

When I brought it out at night and used it, it was still bright and lit things up really well.....they were just like 50 feet away and high up.

So a fail for what I wanted (360 amber light glow) but I would say a very good warning/plow light for safety by the highway when I am cleaning up our driveway entrances. So I will keep it and use it, but it isn't the solution I was hoping for. I think honestly the positioning of the light makes it hard/impossible to illuminate right against the tractor, so ditch/pod lighting would be a better solution.

P.S. my hood is steel, but my cab is plastic! So magnetic mount was a fail too. Put some industrial velcro on, so I can take it off for wood work. Didn't want to drill the rooftop for something like this.

/ Temporary Rooftop 360 lighting for night and early morning. #19  
yes - if the light is at the center of the cab roof, you won’t get very good light close to the ground.

however, you could put velcro pieces close to the edge of the roof and even on the side or back and move the light as necessary for lighting where you want it. obviously a pain to keep moving the light around

yes - if the light is at the center of the cab roof, you won’t get very good light close to the ground.

however, you could put velcro pieces close to the edge of the roof and even on the side or back and move the light as necessary for lighting where you want it. obviously a pain to keep moving the light around

I want the light mainly in the rear, the front has pretty good light between the work and headlights. So that isn't a bad idea to just mount it on the rear edge... Will look into that once this stupid snow goes away!