Terminology Question

/ Terminology Question #21  
Well,good,,,lets hope the silly uncalled for mistakes stop,,,like people buying them without owners manuals and parts manuals,,some were farm pro I know,,,,and your right about everybody with a used car lot selling these,or was,,,most just out to make a quick buck,nobody should be allowed to sell them who don't offer a warrenty either,,,this kinda stuff runs them all down, there are good dealers out there, nortrac and other dealers,but it just takes a few years of stupid stuff,uncalled for stuff,from a few to run them down as well,,its the buyers fault on alot of this stuff I know[maybe for buying them at the bargain basement price,most of all],,,but alot of it isn't,,,there,thats at least a nickles worth. thingy

/ Terminology Question #22  
It will be moot by a little over a year from now. The EPA exemption will run out, and it is unlikely they will extend it. Only the big boys will be able to afford the testing. And no, I don't know if any current engine/tractor combo will pass, or for that matter, will they fail.

Crate tractor purchases will probably disappear. We will look back and referance the "free-for-all" days, where anyone could import one. While it is probably better for Jinma tractor sales and the customer, I will miss some of it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Terminology Question #23  
I contacted Homier before I bought my tractor from Triple DDD out of Texas, they told me that a 25 hp 4wd was $6500 at their tool sales but local dealers could charge whatever they wanted for the Farm Pro. They gave me names of who sold them in Kansas but I didn't contact any of them. A friend that bought a Tractor from them 1-1/2 years ago paid $6000 from the sale in Lawrence. They also had a 20 hp 2wd for $3000. It looked like alot of tractor for $3000 depending on what you would use it for. The friend that bought the 25 hp model is extremely mechanical but he has been pleased with his tractor and he's the main reason that I bought one. He said he wished that his had the shuttle shift though. My tractor has it (when I get it, supposed to be delivered in early November), do any of you have the shuttle shift on your tractor? Do you like it?

Bill

/ Terminology Question #24  
the word given here a while back was that FARMPRO (HOMIER) actually does now have the 20~25hp tractors EPA certified: this means that THEY can import unlimited number of units but they have to track them and they have to maintain parts and or proof that they will stay running CLEAN for 10 yrs and or 3000 hrs or was that 10,000 hrs? can't remember now... anyhwo this was from a china side rep told me this in an e-mail, and I think a different states side dealr mentioned this as well... anyhow I'm not naming names or stating this AS A FACT but as an unsubstanciated RUMOR which can be taken with a grain of salt... It can be checked probably by running numbers though the EPA and finding the epa cert.?

MarkM /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Terminology Question #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It can be checked probably by running numbers though the EPA and finding the epa cert.? )</font>
Simpler than that, just check the EPA tag on a new Homier unit. It should say either "Complies with EPA blah blah blah...", or "Imported under EPA exemption so and so...."

//greg//

/ Terminology Question #26  
Yes, it would have to say it on that label. Good point. I'd be interested to know what recent Homier, Nortrac, and other major Jinma brands have on this label. New owners, if you could look and post back with tractor model/engine model/label info, could settle this age old epa question. Thanks.

/ Terminology Question #27  
Well... my Nortrac was purchased in June of this year and it came with a 1999 "stock piled" engine. Don't have the specifics of the label, but I will post it when I get home from the job. I know it's pre-EPA and have seen tons more smoke from the school buses. It's a very political issue in the states, but it's also known that Japan and China do have a real health problem due to their heavy use of diesel engines. Funny how the government can express so much concern when the cigarettes I smoke are much more deadly... politics.

/ Terminology Question #28  
Rick,

Trust me, I am NOT waving any flags for the EPA! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It is interesting that your Y380 is a pre-1999. The Y380's didn't start arriving here, till a little over a year ago. I guess the chinese were waiting for most of the Y385s to be sold. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am pretty sure, that "Y385" is in my engine casting, ie on the block. Curious if you have "Y380" on your block.

/ Terminology Question #29  
I too am not a flag waiver. I checked the engine block and it has "380 YD12" cast into it. The cylinder head has "380" cast into it also. The engine label states DATE: 1999.7 or probably July of 1999. Wonder what's to keep a 2004 produced engine from acquiring a 1999 manufacturing label.

I know from other posts that the Chinese are being accused of stock piling far too many pre-EPA regulation engines and some state-side manufactures (importers) are crying foul. They always say "level the playing field". Pretty soon, 2006? the importing of these engines will not be allowed. I'm not sure on that date. Would have to research it again. I wonder if they will allow one to come in as a replacement engine.

/ Terminology Question #30  
John,

I forgot to mention the grind marks also found on the block on the same side as the "380 YD12". My bill paying job is designing fixtures used to hold castings, etc. so that they can be held in place for maching the features on them, like tapping holes, milling slots etc. Anyhow, nearly every casting usually has some history tracking info cast into it, like casting number, casting house, casting date. Maybe those grind marks used to be dates? Who knows, who cares.