terramite backhoe thumb

/ terramite backhoe thumb #1  

oldhippy

Silver Member
Tractor
junk
Has anyone put a thumb on a terramite? Would love a picture. Thanks in advance big dan

/ terramite backhoe thumb #2  
Noticed no replies.

Never have seen a thumb on a teramite but wonder, have you checked the lift capacity? You may find it does not have enough to add thumb's weight and then have any real lift capacity left. Just my thought, may be way wrong.

/ terramite backhoe thumb
I have hooks welded to the back of my buckets for lifting stuff with chains. I know that lifting is pretty limited but would save the back. It would be nice to move crossties and such and place them pretty close to where you want them. But it may not be worth the effort. thanks dan

/ terramite backhoe thumb #4  
Ive cut some out on my pattern burner, I have several patterns that I made for different ones. I made one for a friends Allmand mini TLB and one for a olderTerramite. THey work good. I still have one I need to shipp to MarkV They dont take much away from your lift if use approriate materials and i make them to take off when not needed.

/ terramite backhoe thumb
I live in the memphis area and would like to see the one you have built. I think that mine is the same as a older terramite, the quick tach bucket being the only difference. thanks big dan

/ terramite backhoe thumb #6  
Hey Everybody.
I'm a long time reader, and just decided to join the discussion. I followed many others as they discussed the thumbs on a Terramite. I finally decided on my path, and now the thumb is installed and fully operational. It is very cool. I can pick up massive cactus, really big stumps, and all sorts of other cool things. It will pluck bushes right out of the dirt....roots and all.
20151231_152358[1].jpg

I realized the thumb placement is very important, so I needed to move it closer to the hinge point.
20160103_121240[1].jpg

/ terramite backhoe thumb #7  
Hey Everybody.
I'm a long time reader, and just decided to join the discussion. I followed many others as they discussed the thumbs on a Terramite. I finally decided on my path, and now the thumb is installed and fully operational. It is very cool. I can pick up massive cactus, really big stumps, and all sorts of other cool things. It will pluck bushes right out of the dirt....roots and all.
View attachment 459446

I realized the thumb placement is very important, so I needed to move it closer to the hinge point.
View attachment 459447

Hi Im a new member to.
where did you get your thumb ?
AND OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE TIRES & RIMS THEY ARE AWSOM !!!
send sizes & supplier please.

/ terramite backhoe thumb #8  
I am curious about your tires also, do they add much stability.

I have see thumbs on amazon for as low as $100

/ terramite backhoe thumb #9  
:welcome: AustinVideoman and mytonka! (nice thumb, btw!)

Guys, AV's tractor doesn't look like a T5. Looks like a T7 from what I can tell. That said, wheel-bolt patterns aren't too oddball for any TMs that I know of, so switching rims/tires shouldn't be too difficult.

When you see a TM sitting 'low' in the rear, look closely at the wheels. Some guys swap truck tires/rims on for certain tasks or terrain.

If keeping o'all width isn't critical get creative, and don't rule out wheel spacers (and/or adapters) if they'll expand what options you'd have. (We're not pulling plows, and do our work 'on the pads') ;)

/ terramite backhoe thumb #10  
Yep the old girl is a '96 T5C. Those are the original sized tires that came on that tractor.....or, so I thought. I googled Terramite T5C and see all the images that appear. Some have the giant, expensive tires I have, but others have thinner, but aggressive tread tires. Very cool. I have never run different tires, so I have nothing to compare it to. But, I have never got it stuck in mud...if that's saying anything. What size tires are you guys running?