terramite backhoe thumb

/ terramite backhoe thumb #11  
Mine are "Galaxy Super Tractor R-1" 9.50 x 16 6-pr. Since the rears match and are on the familiar triangle/disc rims I might assume they're OEM. IIRC my T5C is a '98 The tires were pretty rough when I bought it in '06, but still hold air.

/ terramite backhoe thumb #12  
Dan,
I have made a very simple one. Not sure how to post a pic of it. This is all I get when trying to insert an image. 0512161037.jpg0512161037.jpg0512161037.jpg Please tell me how to post pic.
Geo

/ terramite backhoe thumb #13  
This T5C and backhoe thumb continues to amaze me. This lil tractor is a rock hauling and stacking rockstar.

20200702_203901.jpg20200702_203843.jpg

/ terramite backhoe thumb #14  
   / terramite backhoe thumb #15  
CHEAP THUMB
I can't recall where i saw the post but I have installed a cheap homemade one on my T5C.

LIST
Box blade shanks with the(4)holes (2)
Bolts 1/2'' x 7'' (2)
Nuts 1/2" (self locking type) (2)
Fender washers 1/2'' (4)
Pipe 3/4'' x 4-1/2'' (2)

You can adjust the size of the bite up & down the dipstick by just loosening the bolts.
Because there are (2) thumbs it is more stable when picking things up.
It will move a little with heavy use due to the taper of the dipper stick but a weld/bolt would keep it in place.
I haven't been able to figure out how to send pictures but I can send an email if someone can post it.

/ terramite backhoe thumb #17  
CHEAP THUMB PICTURES
Hope this helps a few of you who want a cheap heavy duty thumb.
I like it because if any part of it breaks it can be repaired from supplies from the farm store.
You may notice the pipe is acting as a spacer & to take up some room too.
I was considering welding some pipes along the dip stick to keep the thumb from moving around in heavy use & have adjustment along the dip stick.

Please let us all know if it worked for you & if you improved on it :)

IMG_7823.JPG
IMG_7822.JPG
IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG