Terramite vs Kubota U15

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #21  
old thread but... I am so surprised most people hate the Terramites. I have a T5C I bought used. I beat the living snot out of it and it never complains. Slow, yes, unrefined yes. Easy to work on and what other 3100 lb machine can lift 1700lbs with the FEL? I wish it had a bigger bucket and QA loader, but I can live with these things. Mine can climb a hill so steep it tries to tip over backwards. I have the very wide rear tires and I am surprised how much traction I can get for a light machine with a 20 hp lawn mower engine. It will spin the tires on concrete if you push into something it can't move.
I am biased but find me another $8000 machine that can do what this thing does and I am all ears. I can probably replace all the pins on my backhoe for the same cost as a Kubota headlight.

Until you operate both, you don't know!

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #22  
good point and that may very well be true, I could hop on a Bota and be blown away. But for the price, I can't even touch a BX series Bota that has what a 500lb fel capacity? I know people who can deadlift more than that lol. But you are right, a Kubota with similar capacities is probably a more refined machine and the 4wd would be nice at times.

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #23  
I have a terramite T5D and have been very impressed at what this machine will do. If you like to spend money then buy the kubota, but if you want a hard working TLB for less money get the terramite. The terramite is built like a tank. The body of the kubota is stamped steel and plastic the terramite's body is made from thick steel. The terramite may not be as refined as the kubota but the terramite's are tough to beat for the money that you can get a used one for.

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #24  
In our rental company we had Kubota's, Allmand's, and the Terramites. The Terramites were the worst, cracked links,pins, no power (just because steel is thicker means squat, it is the type and grade of steel that counts). The Allmand's were pretty good machines, we had gas (Kohlers) and Diesels (Perkins) better built than the Terrablemites, ran good and had ok breakout forces even in the hard clay ground, the HST drives were a bit jerky and noisy the part I hated the most. We have the Kubota B26 TLB now and what a difference very strong for the size, 4wd that works,much more breakout force for the BH and FEL. Our clients love them, We lost a lot of business with the Terriblemites, and refunded a lot of money over the years, I am glad we sold them all now.

The specs of a T9 are higher than a B26. Three in particular are loader lift, loader curl, backhoe breakout. Which Terramite Alllmand and Kubota were at your rental company? T5C, T7, T9? TLB-325, TLB-425, TLB-535? B20, B21?

The thread has some age to it but I'd like to know more.

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #25  
I guess your experience with the Terramite machines was not the greatest. Just 1 Question.

Which Terramite are you refering too?

T5
T5c
T5D
T6
T7
T9 (4x2)
T9 (4x4)

Its always good for us to compare apples with apples.

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #26  
The model among the 7 terrmiate models is what I wanted to know too. In addition it was implied 4x4 did not work on the T9. Hoped to get more background on that opinion.

firejunkie last sign in was 2013. I sent a PM to let him know our questions but no response.

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #27  
Thanks.

The 4x4's are generally slow normally which frustrates customers that trams around alot. What year model was the machine. Did you own them form new.

If the machine you had was 4x4 it could have been either a T6 or T9.

The T6 is Non Turbo and the T9 has a Turbo Engine.

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #29  
Ill post some pictures and videos later of machines in Africa.

Terramites can take a beating provided they are maintained. I personally watched impossible become possible.

In SA we have replaced the Eaton Pumps to a new pump that makes the machines alot more refined and quicker on the tramming. On the other hand once you pump up the Rev's you then get brute force and aggression.

When you visit SA let me know Il personally take you on a tour of the Terramites around. :)

/ Terramite vs Kubota U15 #30  
I'm intersted to know more about the pump. What is the model number of the new pump you installed that replaced the Eaton? What is your Terramite model and engine?