Test Drove a Toolcat

/ Test Drove a Toolcat #1  

dsb5610

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4720 Cab
Got behind the wheel of a 5600 Turbo today. Pretty impressive unit. It did not have any attachments on it. The dealer (owner actually) brought it inside to give it a once over then I cruised it around the lot for a while. I was impressed with the 4 wheel steer, very maneuverable.

We talked about the pricing which was, well, staggering but I think that every time I buy something new then eventually the numbers come down and the sticker shock soaks in. He did offer that Bobcat may be offering incentives on the non-turbo models to move them. I told him for the $1500 difference on his list price I would not consider the non-turbo but if Bobcat has additional incentives on the non-turbo I am all ears.

I saw a 2004 Toolcat on eBay as recently as this morning but now I cannot find it. I assume it sold before the auction ended. Anyway, it was a fairly well equipped unit with low hours and a buy-it-now price of $24,xxx. Something I may consider as well.

dsb

/ Test Drove a Toolcat #2  
dsb5610,
Did you test drive a new Toolcat 5600 Turbo B-series (made prior to Sept. 2005) or C-series (made 2nd week of Sept. 2005 on with revised lift arm, curl mechanism, etc.)? There would be more room for dealing for any remaining B units on dealer lots.

And be sure to arrange a multi-day demo on your property of a Toolcat WITH several of the attachments you expect to get the most use. Glad you enjoyed your initial drive at the dealership.

You want to find out whether or not Bobcat Company is still offering the Cab Enclosure with HVAC manufacturer incentive (or other incentives) that would reduce your price from "suggested list", in addition to any dealer discount you are able to secure.

I saw that recent Toolcat e-Bay listing, too. It appeared to be a real listing from a real used equip dealer, unlike some scam auctions I've seen. Several had bid on it. If it sold at or near the "Buy-it-now" price, it shows even three-year-old A-series Toolcats are holding their value.

/ Test Drove a Toolcat
Brian,

The one I drove was a C-Series. The dealer is going to research any available 'deals'. I told him about the one I saw on eBay which we figured was a B-series, not an A-series. Either way I let him know I would be interested in a previous model if the dollars worked better. Most of my use would be non-commercial but I am considering some commercial use.

If we get close on a dollar amount I will certainly ask for an on-site demo. Problem with an on-site demo for me is that any piece of equipment I have demo-ed on-site has never left the property.

dsb

/ Test Drove a Toolcat #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Problem with an on-site demo for me is that any piece of equipment I have demo-ed on-site has never left the property. )</font>
LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and so true! But not a bad thing in the case of a Toolcat...