Test drove the 3301 HST

/ Test drove the 3301 HST #11  
I never did get a price of the L3901 curious how much more is it than the L3301

If memory serves, it is about 2k more. I would agree with considering getting the L3901, but much should depend on the type of work you plan on doing. Most folks will appreciate the additional HP and I have never heard of someone saying they had "too much HP". Just depends if the extra cost is worth it to you. See what price difference the dealer can give you; they may have more L3901's to sell which could work in your favor.

/ Test drove the 3301 HST
I'm going to use it for, brush, tall grass clearing, gravel driveway grading, snow removal with the back blade and bucket around our 5 acres.

Might get a tiller in the future for my decent sized garden.

/ Test drove the 3301 HST #13  
I just went though this. L2501-L3901 is the same chassis/frame, as I'm sure you discovered.

I ended up with a L3301. It was the "most tractor" that fit into my budget. I dont recall what the jump in price for the 3901 was, but it was enough to bump it out of my spend range after I added in options and implements.

While I did think similar things about the L2501, the pto power was limiting right away. Im sure you might be able to change out gearing, but I would guess you'd immediately loose your warranty. So you'd either be out that, or have a tractor with less pto than what you maybe wanted for the time till you swapped things out.

My thoughts were the differences between the 33 and 39 are probably computer controlled, as the bore/stroke and displacement are identical. Someone might come out with an "engine tune" that would bump the power up at some point. But the power of the 33 does everything I need it to do right now and it fit my budget.

The L4701 jumps to a bigger chassis/frame.

If you have an open budget, i don't see a reason to not go as big as you can.

/ Test drove the 3301 HST #14  
When I bought my 2501 it was cheaper to go to the 3301 than from the 3301 to the 3901. From the 3301 to 3901 it was like $1600 difference whereas only $800 from 2501 to 3301.

/ Test drove the 3301 HST #15  
I've had my L3901 since mid June. Nice machine. Compliments my L3130. L3901 was $22k and change with loader and landpride blade.