Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,891  
Please take a serious look at voting YES on Amendment 6 in November. SJR1 will allow the state to lend money from the Rainy Day Fund to fund water resources infrastructure which as we all know is needed.

Sorry two-bit but I'm on the other side of this issue. VOTE NO! Passing this will allow water mongers (money boys) to drill and pump an unprecedented amount of water out of aquifers that will not recover quickly enough. (And get gov't help to do it.) It will mean those of us in the country that depend on our household wells will be losing our water to those that live in the city. Not that the identities pushing for it care. For them it's all about the money they can make. Water is the new oil.
+1
Future water for municipalities should come directly from reservoirs/lakes. Not from underground. That way, powers that be know how much is left. This is not totally a problem free answer, but a bit more manageable. when the large cities price the water accordingly, maybe pools and st. augustine grass will fade out of fashion.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,892  
Have ya'll ever noticed that on TBN, we have no tax collectors, no divorce lawyers, and no ex-wives. Gosh! I do love this site.:D

Jim, I know I had anastasia with my knee scope this morning - so processing is a little slow - are you saying no ex-wives of TBN members or all Females on this site have never been married? :confused2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,893  
Please take a serious look at voting YES on Amendment 6 in November. SJR1 will allow the state to lend money from the Rainy Day Fund to fund water resources infrastructure which as we all know is needed.

Sorry two-bit but I'm on the other side of this issue. VOTE NO! Passing this will allow water mongers (money boys) to drill and pump an unprecedented amount of water out of aquifers that will not recover quickly enough. (And get gov't help to do it.) It will mean those of us in the country that depend on our household wells will be losing our water to those that live in the city. Not that the identities pushing for it care. For them it's all about the money they can make. Water is the new oil.

+2 For the reasons already stated.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,894  
Jim, I know I had anastasia with my knee scope this morning - so processing is a little slow - are you saying no ex-wives of TBN members or all Females on this site have never been married? :confused2:

I read it as no ex-wives of TBN members hang around here. :confused3:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,895  
I read it as no ex-wives of TBN members hang around here. :confused3:

after the 3rd or 4th time I read it that was the option that stuck. No postings for me for 24hrs.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,896  
after the 3rd or 4th time I read it that was the option that stuck. No postings for me for 24hrs.

All of that exercise will wear out your parts. That is why the knee problems! Never knew a marathon runner than didn't have serious knee problems eventually. 12 oz curls are much better, and should be on your diet! :) :drink:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,897  
Jim, I know I had anastasia with my knee scope this morning

Wow! Anastasia??? Did you get her autograph? Was she very animated?;):laughing: I think you meant anesthesia.:)

No, I didn't mean any person formerly married. I meant TBN members ex-wives. Although, now that I think about it, maybe Muhammad could open up a "Friendly Ex Forum" to go along with "Friendly Politics.":D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,899  
I may have missed something about your knee problems, Don. Didn't know you were having knee problems. My orthopedic doctor tried some injections in my right knee for awhile before just replacing that knee. Hope you don't have to have yours replaced.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,900  
Wow! Anastasia??? Did you get her autograph? Was she very animated?;):laughing: I think you meant anesthesia.:)

No, I didn't mean any person formerly married. I meant TBN members ex-wives. Although, now that I think about it, maybe Muhammad could open up a "Friendly Ex Forum" to go along with "Friendly Politics.":D

If they were friendly, would they have become an ex?