Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #31  
CowboyRon said:
The new water restrictions are due to the zebra muscles in lake reconsider. We cannot use that water now.

Sorry, lake texoma

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #32  
It appears as if water wars are going to become serious ... something I heard while in the tractor about the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations and a law suit over water rights ... I didn't catch it all.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #33  
Almost? Two days in a row we used both heating and cooling at different times of day.:laughing:

Autoseason thermostats are great. Mine are set at 68 and 72, below 68 heat kicks on, above 72, AC kicks on. No longer have to get out of bed when the wife says it's hot or it's cold.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #34  
Almost? Two days in a row we used both heating and cooling at different times of day.:laughing:

Autoseason thermostats are great. Mine are set at 68 and 72, below 68 heat kicks on, above 72, AC kicks on. No longer have to get out of bed when the wife says it's hot or it's cold.

That does sound good, but we don't have one of those. And the older we get the colder natured my wife gets.:laughing: So all summer, we left it on cooling and 78 degrees. Of course we use ceiling fans a great deal. I lower the thermostat to 75 for heating.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Our ac controller will do that, but we haven't used it.

Actually got up to 82! was supposed to be cloudy but burned off and got plenty warm. Deer where actually on the move though.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #36  
I lower the thermostat to 75 for heating.

Bird,
Do you use a humidifier in the winter down there?
We have heat pumps with circulated air handlers
and the air inside the house really gets dry after awhile. The humidifier
lets us feel just as warm with the thermostat set about 4 degrees lower.
Cuts out the static schock too.
Ron

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #37  
Ron, in the winter we use a dehumidifier in central Texas. The one or two days when a dry norther blows is the only time the air is really dry.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #38  
Dennis, I can almost smell that skunk here on my monitor.:eek:

Thought we might get a small spritz of rain today but to no avail.:mad:

Even my pond is at it's all time low (since we've owned this place). Wish I could drain it and do what Don did.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #39  
Ron, in the winter we use a dehumidifier in central Texas. The one or two days when a dry norther blows is the only time the air is really dry.

So you must not have to heat the air inside your homes constantly and can enjoy the great feeling of having the windows open often to get fresh air.
Not so up here; we go for months having to recirculate the same old air and dry it out, unless we humidify, to the tune of a $500 to $600 a month electric bill in January and February.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Dennis, I can almost smell that skunk here on my monitor.:eek:

Thought we might get a small spritz of rain today but to no avail.:mad:

Even my pond is at it's all time low (since we've owned this place). Wish I could drain it and do what Don did.

Kyle, yeah he still stinks even after the buzzards cleaned him.

My pond actually went dry, I dug in it for 2 day's, then is got hard as concrete. Last month I ended up with around 4" of water after the 7" of rain that month:thumbsup:

My pond is little, and fairly new. Don's was a "renovation":laughing: