Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Dennis, I mowed my yard Tuesday and it needed it, too. I didn't figure I'd be doing any yard work at least for a few days since I had the surgery to iron out the wrinkles on my left eye retina this morning. And sure enough he said no bending over, no lifting, etc So I've got a great big bandage on my left eye that I'm not supposed to remove until I got see him again at 9 a.m. tomorrow. I was surprised he'd be working on a Saturday, and New Years Eve at that.

Bird, I have "spot's" of Winter rye that have invaded my yard that are tall, a PITA too, I try to keep it out in the pasture type ares. The patch on your eye would seem to make it hard to see the "Forrest for the trees " too! Are you sure you mowed YOUR lawn??:D

Rio Grande Valley. Ron must be a snowbird. We are always happy to have snowbirds! :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that the RGV dried up and blew away from reading on the Texas Hunting forums, the boys down there say the dry is past "critical"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #394  
Ron,
Glad to hear the weather is cooperating with Y'all's plans. Now, what is RGV?
hugs, Brandi

I'm sure glad someone else asked, so I didn't to.;):laughing: I was wondering the same thing, and of course i should have known since I knew Ron & Betty are snowbirds.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #395  
Down in the Valley there are signs all over the place. Welcome Winter Texans. We enjoy the Hosptality.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #396  
Down in the Valley there are signs all over the place. Welcome Winter Texans. We enjoy the Hosptality.

That's Texan for "Spend Spend Spend" :laughing:

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #397  
Well figured I'd start one to cover the up coming cool down:D Especially since every one on TBN, except maybe 3, are Texans:laughing: If your one of those "3", please post all ya want:thumbsup:

Well I am one of the 3.
And enjoy following the Texan threads.
Wish we were having some of your cooler weather...........forecast for today 110deg in the shade...........but there is no shade in the vineyard :laughing: What a great way to start the first day of the new year
Be a great day for sitting under the air conditioning tasting and blending the wine due to be bottled..................Its a hard job but someone has to do it.
Hope everyone in Texas has a great New Year.

P>S. when Texas grows up to be a big state in size come and join us in the land down under..........Just joking.

best wishes to everyone

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #398  
Rio Grande Valley. Ron must be a snowbird. We are always happy to have snowbirds! :thumbsup:

Thanks TB.

Bird, I figured someone needed to ask....and I was right there,
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #399  
When I saw that some Texans did not know what RGV meant I did a Google search. It came up with many hits that call RGV, Rio Grande Valley. It's lazy mans way of spelling.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #400  
Be a great day for sitting under the air conditioning tasting and blending the wine due to be bottled..................Its a hard job but someone has to do it.
Hope everyone in Texas has a great New Year.

To heck with a oil pipeline from Canada. I want a wine pipeline from Australia.:thumbsup: Of course, it would have to come through California and those pesky left-coasters would probably complain it was unfair competition.;)