Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,831  
I did it full time for 5, but been messing with it for about 10 or so. I guess you could say my "niche" was the custom build. The CAD machines I couldn't compete with on a volume level. The clients I did work for , wanted "hand made ":laughing: That's partially why I don't have many photos, mostly shop photos > No cameras where allowed in most of the homes I was in.:banghead:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,832  
I did it full time for 5, but been messing with it for about 10 or so. I guess you could say my "niche" was the custom build. The CAD machines I couldn't compete with on a volume level. The clients I did work for , wanted "hand made ":laughing: That's partially why I don't have many photos, mostly shop photos > No cameras where allowed in most of the homes I was in.:banghead:

I'm watching video after video and still haven't found one that actually shows me how to from scratch design a part, draw to scale, sent it to the machine and have it cut .. I guess I'd better put tech support on speed dial!!

#5,833  
I'm watching video after video and still haven't found one that actually shows me how to from scratch design a part, draw to scale, sent it to the machine and have it cut .. I guess I'd better put tech support on speed dial!!

Right, or find a place that will show you through the CS line, they may have that available. I have very limited knowledge of the CAD programs...Know a machinist?? They do that all the time as well. I have a friend that uses a CAD for his roofing company, he has a special pen that can trace a schematic, blueprint or item and it goes into the program, looks easy:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,834  
Right, or find a place that will show you through the CS line, they may have that available. I have very limited knowledge of the CAD programs...Know a machinist?? They do that all the time as well. I have a friend that uses a CAD for his roofing company, he has a special pen that can trace a schematic, blueprint or item and it goes into the program, looks easy:laughing:

The only machinist I know is the one who currently does my cuts .. I don't think he'll be very helpful!!!

Tech support has told me not to hesitate to call .. They just may regrets that !

Beautiful day today ... Even nicer tomorrow if that rain makes it !!!

#5,835  
BR, you got that right, on the rain anyhoo, got to get that fertilizer in the ground!! Of course, it's only $$:laughing: I only have to tin and trim the doors on my shop and the exterior is done!! WOOOT took for ever with an aggravated back and no help.

I would at least ask the machinist, he may want/need a relationship with you if he gets behind, you always have the CS line as well. After what you have spent, I would be thinking about a trip to their home office, I bet they could show you "hands on" at the plant...Couldnt beat that training with a DVD!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,836  
How are other lawns looking this year? Mine looks like a disaster. A lot of it appears to be dead instead of just dormant. On February 17 & 18, I mowed, dethatched, fertilized, and watered the yard, but of course only 1.03" of rain so far this YEAR might be part of the problem. Anyway, I put down some more fertilizer and have the sprinklers going again this morning.

#5,837  
Bird, even my winter grass looks weak, I haven't fertilized yet, but will soon. I think we have over 5" rain deficit so far for the year,,,in only 3 months! I have been digging in the yard in several areas and have found decent moisture which is surprising. Wont last long if it stays dry and windy, I think the humidity yesterday was only 19%!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,838  
I don't pay much attention to the yard or lawn .. Cher takes care of that .. But she has asked me why portions of her lawn are so bad .. I don't know .. Just told her to ask the coop what she needs and fix it .. Ya know .. If momma ain't happy !!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,839  
I have these two brand new "rain gages" I dug a couple of years ago. It sure would be nice to see them filled.:D

#5,840  
Looks like Pete Delkus upped the chance of rain for tomorrow to 100% .50"-1.0" totals for my are predicted:thumbsup: He also said 1" to1-1/2" hail, 60mph+ winds and isolated tornadoes :thumbdown: Y'all better check your weather radio batteries!