Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,931  
It means I won't have to change wet, sweaty clothes two or three times at work each night. Yippee!!!
hugs<<><><>>Brandi

Brandi-- Amen, I've been having to change my shirt twice before noon. Yesterday the low was *52. This is the best time of the year after the heat of a Texas Summer.

foreman-- They're still getting after the Hay here too. It's great to have a good Hay year.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,932  
I'm loving the cooler weather, and getting my Fall jobs done this week. I gave the yard a thorough watering Monday and Tuesday, then applied some insecticide, yesterday I washed the exterior of all the windows, and I put my little 5 x 8 trailer out front with a For Sale sign on it, and this morning, I've already applied Sherwin-Williams Deckscape to the parts of the patio that get the most sun.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,933  
Look like I am going to be blessed with a little more rain today.. but did get some pasture cut the last two days.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,934  
Wow, 37 pages...this site sure has grown.

I can't help but mention that the first thing I did was to look back just a few posts to see Jim's last post about his plum trees. Still sad and missing his thoughtful insights on many subjects. Prayers to his wife and family for everything.

68 deg this morning. Finally it was dry enough to mow most of the low areas around the pond. Good thing the tractor has 4wd and big tires front and rear. Still, the thick grass/weed mixture would bog it down and slip the clutch on the shredder. I wish I had 1 of those mini round balers, but they cost about $14K or more. Just way too much for my budget.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,935  
All day soaker here. It was slowly sprinkling this a.m. when I was outside. Barely noticeable. Cleaned the coop, and hooked up the trailer. Started raining in Schertz at 11:30. It has basically rained here from noon, and is still coming down. Nice, steady rain. Great for the pastures. Also cooler-about 70* right now. Weather forecast called for rain clearing by 10, and high in the mid 80s. Nice work, fellas.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,936  
Well it is winter here on the gulf coast.. got down in the low 60s.. went out and shoveled snow yesterday.:shocked:. well did put a jacket on while riding in the gator checking fence.:). Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,937  
Well it is winter here on the gulf coast.. got down in the low 60s.. went out and shoveled snow yesterday.:shocked:. well did put a jacket on while riding in the gator checking fence.:). Lou

What?:eek: I missed the snow again?:irked: Dangit.:hissyfit:
hugs<<><><>>Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,938  
Eureka!(I found it). It is Fall this morning, 48*. Am I on the right thread now?

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,939  
45 degrees here and I see a news story about places out west suffering from triple digit temperatures. I'd much rather have the 45 than triple digits any day. This morning is the first time in many months that I've turned off the ceiling fan right over my head.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,940  
I'm a little disappointed, I was looking forward to temps in the 50s this morning but it's just 61˚. I guess the lower temperatures are in the valleys and not near 15,000 pavers that soaked up the sun yesterday.