I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I woc the line

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,974  
I sometimes "woc" to the mailbox
BR,
Wocing makes you a wascal.
I have been thinking about you saying not to build another pond and just enlarge my island pond. I bought the CAT to rework the upper side of the pond. Now I am thinking of putting another dam and core trench in and move the dam back about 50 feet, angling to the back of my property from the existing overflow culvert. That will put all the water running on to my property going into the pond. No water is running into the pond today, yet water was running in the ditch behind the dam. I want to capture all of this water. 5-27-15 Water at Duck Pond Fence.jpg The new dam will start near the front of the photo and run behind the tree with the short limb leaning up against it, across the spoils pile back into the corner tree line.

It will be a large, mutli step project, including more ducking fencing so I can do it all with the ducks loose. It will make the pond about 2.5 times larger.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,975  
Johnny Cash woc's the line:

Because you're mine, I woc the line

Another version:

Because you're mine, please yank the twine.:laughing:

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,976  
BR,
I have been thinking about you saying not to build another pond and just enlarge my island pond. I bought the CAT to rework the upper side of the pond. Now I am thinking of putting another dam and core trench in and move the dam back about 50 feet, angling to the back of my property from the existing overflow culvert. That will put all the water running on to my property going into the pond. No water is running into the pond today, yet water was running in the ditch behind the dam. I want to capture all of this water. The new dam will start near the front of the photo and run behind the tree with the short limb leaning up against it, across the spoils pile back into the corner tree line.

It will be a large, mutli step project, including more ducking fencing so I can do it all with the ducks loose. It will make the pond about 2.5 times larger.
hugs, Brandi

Just stay 20 feet away from your property line all the way around your acreage with the dam ... keep digging until you got a MOAT all the way around!!!! I can see it now ... a large gated entrance, drive over a really slick bridge ... so on and so forth ..... !!!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,977  
BR,
I have been thinking about you saying not to build another pond and just enlarge my island pond. I bought the CAT to rework the upper side of the pond. Now I am thinking of putting another dam and core trench in and move the dam back about 50 feet, angling to the back of my property from the existing overflow culvert. That will put all the water running on to my property going into the pond. No water is running into the pond today, yet water was running in the ditch behind the dam. I want to capture all of this water. The new dam will start near the front of the photo and run behind the tree with the short limb leaning up against it, across the spoils pile back into the corner tree line.

hugs, Brandi

Just stay 20 feet away from your property line all the way around your acreage with the dam ... keep digging until you got a MOAT all the way around!!!! I can see it now ... a large gated entrance, drive over a really slick bridge ... so on and so forth ..... !!!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,978  
Yes, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in high school and A&P School in the years you were serving.
1975 or so they did away with the draft and lots of class mates were relieved. In my mid 20s, I wanted to enlist in the Army to be a WOC and fly choppers. I gained more sense since then. lol
hugs, Brandi

The last draft was in 1972 and I was out by then. You would have been a "peace time" pilot. My oldest son became an A&P mechanic in the early 90's on the OH58A. His CO recommended him to Warrant Officer Candidate School after a tour in Korea. Got his wings in '95 and transitioned into the AH64A and later to the D model. Two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. His tour in Afghanistan he supported the 75th Rangers of Blackhawk Down fame at 6,000 ft elevation and above in the mountains. He retired after 22 years and is now flying life flight missions. Don't know how your career would have turned out other than to say "different".

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,979  
The last draft was in 1972 and I was out by then. You would have been a "peace time" pilot. My oldest son became an A&P mechanic in the early 90's on the OH58A. His CO recommended him to Warrant Officer Candidate School after a tour in Korea. Got his wings in '95 and transitioned into the AH64A and later to the D model. Two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. His tour in Afghanistan he supported the 75th Rangers of Blackhawk Down fame at 6,000 ft elevation and above in the mountains. He retired after 22 years and is now flying life flight missions. Don't know how your career would have turned out other than to say "different".
Wcampbell47,
I got into helicopters in 1979 and into rebuilding them in 1980. When my son was born, I was helping a coworker and my sheetmetal mentor rebuild a Bell 212's fuselage. We spent about 6 months on it. The longer I rebuilt helicopters..............................the more I didn't wanna fly in them. Last helicopter flight was a Bell 205 that the mechanics were doing trim flights on. The next day, a crack from the leading edge to the trailing edge in the main rotor blade's skin was found. Last flight!

Now, I turn wrenches with a lot of retired helicopter pilots. They saw too much too.

I see you have bell 47 in your user name. Is that for the helicopter or something else?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,980  
I know naught of aeronautics but since you're on the topic, my stepdad was a cropduster for many years. Around '79 he got a Bell 47 and started burning for timber companies in East Texas. I was a teenager and went on many trips and mixed the Alumagel while he was on a run.