Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,251  
It really is cute watching the green crowd circle the wagons around their windmills and solar panels, and taking the extra step of projecting to blame fossil fuels.
Fossil fuels had troubles for different reasons than green energy, but they fared much better, like they always do in the cold climates or darkness.
When fossil fuels are properly installed for cold climates, the work dependably and reliably. The fact that they had issues in TX was an installation problem of not factoring in a dramatic cold snap like this.

Maybe we now have ”man made global cooling” instead of “man made global warming” and Al Gore can lecture us on all the trillions in changes we need to make?

Fossil fuels work Day and night, cold and hot, wind or no wind.

Post all the links you want. We have our eyes and we trust them.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,252  
Regardless of any paperwork the request was made well before the 14th.
What day was the request made? The severe cold was correctly forecasted at least 10 days before, around the 6th of February.

The below freezing temp drop started on the 12th, then for 8 days in central TX it was very overcast and snow/icy. Not a good time for solar panels. Tuesday the 16th was the coldest at zero. Sunday night (14th) the snow and ice were blowing sideways and drifting, it would be interesting to see when the wind turbines failed.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,253  
And Info Wars and Alex Jones - apparently the original source of the crap you posted previously - somehow isn’t ?

The difference is I said I don't know if it was true or not, turns out from different sources it is mostly correct. Whereas that link from USAToday is supposed to be a "Fact Checked" article yet it just tries to paint a very biased, Pro democrat take on some of the facts.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,254  
Okay that's enough for the political side of this topic. I'd rather not have to hack up or close this thread after 8k replies.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,255  
This is the latest I've read, not sure if true or just more political malarkey.

Want to know why Texas had a difficult time last week?
2-22-21
Walton And Johnson KPRC A 950
***** Admin Refused Texas Governor's Request to Run Power at Full Capacity
As explained by the editor of Deplatformed.space on Twitter:
Once it was clear that the polar vortex would engulf the entire state of Texas @GovAbbott declared an emergency and asked President ***** for an EPA waiver to allow power generation facilities to operate at full capacity until the emergency passed.
*****'s DOE (Department of energy) refused Governor Abbott's request and instead offered to allow certain power generation facilities a waiver if they raised the prices they charged to Texans to more than $1,500/MWh resulting in massive statewide power outages and a failure of the grid.
The truth is that the federal government controls how Texas generates electricity - the mix of sources and the capacity of each. The DOE requires that Texas' fossil fuel power generators operate far below their maximum output.
Gov. Abbott knew that if the DOE would allow our natural gas and coal power plants to operate at peak efficiency they could meet 110% of the demand the state faced last week. The EPA refused.
My question? Why didn't @GovAbbott simply order all Texas power generation facilities to operate at peak efficiency and force ***** to send his army to Texas to stop us? Does anyone think ***** would have sent the army to shut down our national gas power generation facilities?
President ***** refused @GovAbbott's request that he sign major disaster declarations for 177 Texas counties after refusing to allow Texas power plants to operate at 100% capacity during the polar vortex resulting in massive power outages.
If President ***** had refused to provide disaster relief for 177 counties the Texas Tribune would be in each county sharing the stories of average Texans struggling to stay warm, feed their families, and pay their bills. Since ***** refused to provide relief: silence.
On the Sunday political TV shows ***** surrogates claimed that the power outages and the lives lost rest solely on @GregAbbott_TX. The media won't look at evidence that the DOE refused the governor's request to allow for additional power generation. Sick.
Amazingly, Joe *****'s administration doesn't even deny doing this last week. And the liberal media will never hold him accountable.
:sleep:

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,256  
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,257  
Okay that's enough for the political side of this topic. I'd rather not have to hack up or close this thread after 8k replies.
Thanks Muhammad. We change to our spring/summer thread in 20 days. Hopefully it will get back to talking about rainfall or lack there of.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,258  
Agreed.....let's move on over to the Spring/Summer Texas thread......even though I'm from Kansas.:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,259  
How soon do you plant gardens down there? I recall some of you harvesting veggies before mine are even planted.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,260  
How soon do you plant gardens down there? I recall some of you harvesting veggies before mine are even planted.
Seeds were planted a few weeks ago in "greenhouse boxes" and on the seedling starter rack with grow lights. Hope to transplant everything after 3/15 unless they predict another frost/freeze in the next 7 -10 days from then.