Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,344  
Yep, it got kind of breezy here yesterday evening, the severe weather warnings repeatedly interrupted the baseball game we were watching on TV, then the evening news cast was almost nothing but about the severe weather warnings, high winds, hail, threats of tornadoes, etc. I finally saw some lightning, but heard no thunder, we had a pretty good breeze, and then it rained a bit. This morning I found about .57" of rain in my gauge. I had hoped for 4 times that much, but we're thankful for what we got.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,345  
Windy all day yesterday, then we got a nice 3/4" rain about midnight.
Looks like we might get some more today.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,346  
Windy throughout the day from the gulf, but the front blew through about 2am. We only got .11" Not much.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,347  
When the remnants of Pamela blew through, it rained all night and got five inches all total.
Beautiful game day (gonna go to the TXST VS TROY game in San Marcos), breezy clear and 55
degrees right now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,348  
When the remnants of Pamela blew through, it rained all night and got five inches all total.
Beautiful game day (gonna go to the TXST VS TROY game in San Marcos), breezy clear and 55
degrees right now.
We got 3.1" here in Giddings, and just below us 20 miles in Lagrange, it flooded bad...7-9" in places.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,349  
With the world crazy as it is, I will be planting a spring garden. I haven't planted a garden since back in the early 1990s. Bought enough seeds for two seasons and lots of garden and picked up 160 pounds of 13-13-13. I was surprised to find 13-13-13. Feeders Supply in Conroe didn't have hardly any bulk stock of seeds and we were told by the owner the seed people won't say if he gets more.

We found Lowes had all the (high dollar) packeaged seeds we wanted with a large variety, except for Fordhook Lima beans. But I ordered them online. We (Brady, my disabled friend) even bought herb seeds so my chef son can keep cooking like he does. Lots of lettuce also, so my salad loving daughter is good also.

When Brady first moved onto my property, I found a non running Troybilt Pony tiller on Craigslist for $100. He always gardened, but had to sell everything he had when he bought an RV trailer and moved it here. I bought a new carb for $100 and got it running. As I remember the carb was not included, or I would have rebuilt it. With Stabil in the gas, it starts on one pull to this day. Just gotta fix it's flat tires.

First of last month, I bought a 17 cu ft freezer and have been stocking up. So God has been preparing us all along for what the person in the White House calls the dark winter.

hugs, Brandi

Last edited: