Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #11  
When I saw the news piece about the stage 3 restrictions, it made me wonder if the recent rains and cooler temperatures made city officials think that people didn't need to water as much? Of course, that's giving a lot of credit to cities' bureaucracies that they might not deserve.:rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Bird, from what I understand that is probably our local deficit, I think further South and West are even worse.

Jim, Channel 4 said it was the current conditions combined with the El nino weather pattern foretasted through the Spring, but from where I sit, it "seems" better now then 2 months ago, but then again for now, I'm on a well.

One of the ladies my wife works with said her water bill has been over $600 in Mineral Wells with the added surcharges from the city for having to buy water from the NTXWD (?), I almost fell over when she told me that!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #13  
One of the ladies my wife works with said her water bill has been over $600 in Mineral Wells with the added surcharges from the city for having to buy water from the NTXWD (?), I almost fell over when she told me that!

Our October electric bill was $158. Of course, that includes electricity for our water and sewer system, two refrigerators, deep freezer, electric dryer, etc. Our garbage is $1 per bag dropoff at the Wise Co. collection sta. once per week. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a $600 water bill and still have to pay electric on top of that.:(

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #14  
If I got a $600 water bill, I'd not only quit watering the yard, I might have to quit drinking water.;)

My wife was talking to the lady on the phone when I read you guy's post, so I ask her again what she was paying for city water, the bill for Oct she say's is $400 and change!! but was over $600 through the heat of summer. I think I would be looking at putting in a well if the city would allow it, that is just insane. How much could Ft Worths water cost?? man alive.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #16  
Almost had to turn on the AC today. Here are a couple of pics of my latest tractor work with the FEL and BH. This pond was very dusty to work on. I had to put the tooth-bar on the bucket to get the clay out of the bottom. I used the clay and sand I got out to raise the road that leads to the pond. Over the years between the wind and the rain was about a foot lower than the field.

In front of the fault line it is black land (first pond on Texas heat thread) and behind the fault line it is powder sand. (this pond)

Attachments

• frog pond before.jpg
    frog pond before.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 418
  • frog pond after.jpg
    frog pond after.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 391
  • frog pond before2.jpg
    frog pond before2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 361
  • frog pon after 2.jpg
    frog pon after 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 397
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #18  
No Ron, between the pool, the a/c shack-in-the-back, and the 90 days of over 100 degrees (some 112). our highest summer electric bill was $160.:D

This morning 49 degrees!

Attachments

• walls1.jpg
    walls1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 366
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #19  
Almost had to turn on the AC today.

Almost? Two days in a row we used both heating and cooling at different times of day.:laughing:

No Ron, between the pool, the a/c shack-in-the-back, and the 90 days of over 100 degrees (some 112). our highest summer electric bill was $160.:D

This morning 49 degrees!

40 degrees here this morning with 32 forecast for tonight.

And I wish our electric bills were that low. Our average for the year has been $208. Of course our house is total electric, with several months of $250 to $270.

In front of the fault line it is black land (first pond on Texas heat thread) and behind the fault line it is powder sand. (this pond)

Don, that "white" looking sand looks almost like beach sand! If you had enough you might could sell it to your local golf course!

Almost? Two days in a row we used both heating and cooling at different times of day.:laughing:

Ditto for us yesterday, I think we hit 77* prior to the front blowing through, had another tree blow over and hit the kitchen exterior wall, thank goodness it was a glancing blow and no damage. I think the winds gusted more than the 30mph they where talking about.