Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,061  
Here we go boys and girls...
Welcome to the flight,,
we will fly to places you have never known..
Places you have never been..
Please set back and bucket up,,,, in case..
Our staff is trained in CPR also in GPS..
GPS only works nationwide..
Can you hear me now…
In case of emergence,,
Remember to kiss you azz good bye and lean forward with seatbelt in place..

I got a tractor it cuts grass with the proper equipment.. when it not to wet..

Good gracious my friends..
You want to know how to fly?.
Okay..
Go the Airport.. Park in the lower section.. Walk to the ticket agent counter.. Give them your credit card, , tell them where you would like to go and when you would like to come back.. They will take care of the rest.. I think they know someone in management..
Remember the steward can’t take cash for whiskey but they can take a tip if you put it in the their pocket..
They will smile and say I am not allow to take tips..
You can smile and say I know and thank you..

How many misspelled words can you find.. :laughing::laughing: Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,062  
Lou, you are rapidly becoming our Texas TBNer Coastal Poet Laureate. . . whatever that means? I can't make it too official sounding or they'll say you can't write because of the Gov't shutdown. Then we'd call you Furloughed Lou.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,063  
TIMBER.JPG

Ran over one of these last night going home. Still it managed to slither thru the bar ditch behind a barbed wire fence into some thick brush. I stopped and got out to see it closely. Mad that I had no camera, nor firearm to dispose of it with me. I figure it was about 4' long, at least 2" diameter at the thickest. I noticed its tail and how it faded to black over the last foot of its length.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,064  
Kyle; That is a pretty snake, but looks like a Ball Python in that photo. I hope that we don't have pythons on the loose in Texas. The Ball Python stays small, and would not pose as many problems as the larger pythons, but hate ot see non-native species get established in Texas, or anywhere.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,065  
I believe it was a timber rattler. Definitely a rattler. There have been 2 confirmed timber rattler deaths not far from where Mikim lives. This snake was on the opposite side of the county that TxDon and I live in.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,066  
Kyle, you do know that Timber Rattlers are a protected species in Texas, don't you? Certainly, if it had been run over, dispatching it would have been the humane thing to do, but I don't know if a game warden would see it that way.:confused3:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,067  
Kyle, you do know that Timber Rattlers are a protected species in Texas, don't you? Certainly, if it had been run over, dispatching it would have been the humane thing to do, but I don't know if a game warden would see it that way.:confused3:
Yes, would have to hope for a game warden with common sense if I got caught mercy killing it. My buddies at work said I should've made chili or taquitos with it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,068  
Next time you run over one, hit your brakes so wheels drag over it, instead of roll over it. You can tell the game warden you were trying to keep from hitting it! Don't need them around here! I'm not snake phobic, and like beneficial snakes, especially King snakes, but non-native, and venomous are not welcome here!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,069  

Try this with the Warden:D " Mr Warden, I was driving the road looking for my new belt and low and behold there it was! a snake had it!!! I tried to get it peacefully, but a fight ensued and the snake died.....I did retrieve my belt though, so I wont fill charges"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,070  
TIMBER.JPG

Ran over one of these last night going home. Still it managed to slither thru the bar ditch behind a barbed wire fence into some thick brush. I stopped and got out to see it closely. Mad that I had no camera, nor firearm to dispose of it with me. I figure it was about 4' long, at least 2" diameter at the thickest. I noticed its tail and how it faded to black over the last foot of its length.

That image came from Marshall University in W. VA
http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/herp/images/TIMBER.JPG

Looking at their curriculum where does snake identification fit in?
Marshall University

Looks like Timber Rattlers come in various colors, or at least the folks posting to Google Images think so.:D
https://www.google.com/search?q=tim...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-IRNUoHeAYqhiQKr0oHYAw

I have never seen one. We only have copperheads as poisonous snakes here.
Ron