Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,091  
I cant wait for the cooler weather!! Buddy sent me a couple of photos of the area I will be headed to, one out of his front Seeing the snow makes me want to leave today:laughing: It will likely be gone before I get there, but getting "antsy":D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,092  
jinman; Thanks for the info! It really is a pretty little ring necked snake. However, even though the timber rattler might be pretty too, he is not welcome here. Why do we always get everything that sticks, bites or stings, in this state? :confused3:

Wouldn't want to live anywhere else though. Did that some years back, and ended up returning "home".

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,093  
Was looking at Tractor Supply the other day at a mower lift for my Scag. Looked kinda like this.

image.jpg

Instead I went home and found one.

Have a great day, y'all
:)

image.jpg

#2,095  
Reveille was 5am, outside temp was 74.6* and calm. At 6:30, the winds are picking up and temps feel cooler (72.1*). No rain, grrrr, just a misty sprinkle on occasion.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,096  
Yep, the line split and missed all of Parker and southern Wise County. :thumbdown:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,097  
Really foggy in Colorado County this morning.

Rick

#2,098  
Yep, the line split and missed all of Parker and southern Wise County. :thumbdown:

Yep, "splitting hairs" again, weather.com said a "thunderstorm was near" yeah paleeeze. 62.7 right now and feels GREAT!!!:D

I will have to water my fruit trees now, BUT doubt I will have to mow again:thumbsup:......maybe

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,099  
Was looking at Tractor Supply the other day at a mower lift for my Scag. Looked kinda like this.
Instead I went home and found one.
Have a great day, y'all:)

Every time I do that to the lawn tractor with the front end loader and chains, which is only a few times a year, I think of one of those lifts.
Bird has one, that is similar, but has never reported on how he likes it, to my knowledge.

I tried my engine hoist one time but the stabilizer legs in front, folded down, just won't fit under or around the mower axles. With even one up there is no stability.

I like the looks of the one pictured on-line at TSC but have never seen one in the store ( I forget to look ) as something else is always a priority at the time.
Picking the mower up to dig the wet grass my wife seems to get packed in there when she mows the orchard and around the horse barn probably would justify the expense of the jack... especially if I made her do the under deck cleaning, one time:D

For real clean up and blade changing, even though the nasty words start flowing, just thinking of it, pulling the deck out from under and flipping it over on some sturdy saw horses, in the garage, is the way I prefer. It's a lot easier on my old back joints. ( Once I get her to put it on the horses :laughing:)

I wonder how the majority of folks do this operation?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,100  

Attachments

• lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 76