Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,411  
While mowing today, I stopped and did a bluebonnet seedling survey. I have little seedling leaves sprouting out of the ground everywhere. Next year's spring crop will be super if the moisture and spring rains come. I love being able to see the crop in the fall of the year and predict how good the bluebonnets will be next year. I told my neighbor to go look at his too. He wasn't aware that they sprout in the fall and build a big root system in the ground over the winter.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,412  
Rick, Thanks and yes it is healed. We are required to have safety glasses in our work area when a plane is in the hangar. I had mine within reach and had used them 10 minutes before drilling off a screw head. Now, every time I mess with safety wire...........my glasses will go from in my hair to over my eyes....just like when messing with filters having Skydrol in them. hugs, Brandi

Great. Glad you are healing. Getting better fuel mileage with new tank? ;-)

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,413  
Uh..........no to a :firefighter:. I don't want any man that likes to put fires out.
hugs, Brandi

You got that right! My niece was dating a fireman and he said he would make her a special birthday dinner that evening. Well she got home from work on her birthday and texted him and he was out with his buddies and would not be able to see her that evening. She dumped him.

Rick, I saw the rain around I10 ( Weimar) and by Waco but none in-between. Beautiful day to mow. My neighbor said I was just spreading the goat weed seedy by mowing, but since the goat weed coverage is 95% I have nothing to loose. (beside it has not gone to seed yet) That weed is itchy and hard to cut. I'm going over it twice. Diesel in Giddings was $3.57, In Lincoln $3.79, in Lexington $3.69.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,414  
Great. Glad you are healing. Getting better fuel mileage with new tank? ;-)

Rick
Haha. I just got 32 miles on the new tank and I was dogging it today. Love how the chipped Cummins cruises at 75 and punching it pushes you back into your seat!

I drive 59.5 mph coming and going to work. I've got up to 23.4 mpg that way. I get a touch better mileage in the winter with the cool air. Gotta install a cold air box filter. Then more turbo whine!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,415  
Bear meat was the best meat I have had,, Ever,, I like elk or moose,, deer take or leave,, rabbit or squirrel when hungry,, coon or possum two days in to starvation,, Ram before they are rams.. lamp fries,, beef on a bun,, goat in a taco.. Chicken from Popeye's with fries.. Diesel 3.63 at Buc's,, Hula hoop: waist for girls,, arms for boys,, I been busy,, the grass is tall in southeast Texas,, but the living is easy,, ice cold tea with the smell of magnolia,, come on down to the sandy beaches,, where the water meets the land.. Lou ,,

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,416  
Friday's Conroe Courier, on the front page, said the burn ban was lifted. I planned on burning Saturday afternoon, but the wind was gusting too much. Soooooooooo, I waited til dark and lite my pile on two sides. I took a beautiful photo of the fire under the moon. 10-19-13 Burning Brush Pile under Moon.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,417  
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Okay, I have Jinman and Dabsgt waiting in line to see my video.:licking: Any others?:confused: Charlie?:confused2:
hugs, Brandi

bindian-- Sign me up for Pay-for-view. Remember "Sizzle Sells". I still think a Speaker Dance video will work too if done in costume.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,418  
Whooo, doggies. A bit cool outside. 43 degrees here. Full moon and a beautifil sunrise at the same time under crystal clear skies. Horses are loving the cool weather, running around the paddock, with a little bucking and rearing thrown in. Love this fall weather.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,419  
If wind stays down, planning on eliminating a few burn piles today. Have one that is about 20' x 100' x of mostly Yaupon dug out with grapple last spring before it quit raining. This pile is so dry the fire may be spectacular. We have another 6 or 7 to burn also. Have been stock piling all summer during burn bans.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,420  
Nice calm 39.4* here. The next 7 days look super nice for outside chores!!