Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,991  
Ron, it's going to be a cold 70* today and the most color I've seen in the trees in several years. Better hurry before it gets really cold here, will be 50's by The weekend:shocked:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,992  
You are all OK for a while. Will not be in TX until early December. We will do our best to close the door. BUT, there are so many Winter Texans heading south. And most are senior citizens. Well you know what CRS means.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,993  
You are all OK for a while. Will not be in TX until early December. We will do our best to close the door. BUT, there are so many Winter Texans heading south. And most are senior citizens. Well you know what CRS means.

It's wacky, but in the springtime when Ron & Betty are heading home, they normally stop by. No matter how long we have been in a drought, it always seems to rain when they come. I hate to say it, but them bringing rain is more reliable than FG doin' the cowpie two-step in her pasture.;) I think maybe it's Muffin doing her own version of the fuzzy-butt rain dance.:D Just look at that face in Ron's avatar. She even attracts flocks of wild turkeys. One year, two or three turkeys were scratchin' around Ron's motorhome while Muffin was watching out the windshield. I swear that little dog has some powerful Juju.:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,994  
I am working on my caffeine rush! 13+ hours at work yesterday, and unable to sleep last night. Have to be out the door for work again soon. Sometimes, my boss thinks that I am this :magician: but I am really this :jester: I will have to hook up with bindian, next time she is on pharmaceuticals, and take some lessons on being the :clown:

Don't know if I wanna share the limelight.:comedy: Besides, I make a lousy :teacher:.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,995  
Talking about hay.:confused:. I was over at the barn the other day thinking about cutting the hay fields.. With a chance of 30% rain.:cool:. decided not to,:thumbsup:, instead decided to drank a few beers and watch the hay grow,, After about three good cold ones I noticed one of my granddaughters left a Halloween mask of an old witch's face laying on the table.:shocked:. I also notice it had a lot of warts on it.. I am guessing that is the standard for witches.. lots of warts on the face.:D. Which makes me think there is a bit more to the story with Prince Charming and the frog.;). Could be wrong but beer don't lie.:laughing:.
but it can't spell.. Lou

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,996  
Hmm. . . I'm thinkin' if Lou comes to our Spring-Fling TX TBNer party, we may have a busted beverage budget. So Lou, if you come, we are limiting you to one beer. Sorry buddy, we have to set some limits.:D :laughing:

one-beer.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,997  
Darn,, Jim I wonder if you can get one in Shiner Bock?.. When you order that one,, it's ,,, One beer and ten straws please.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,998  
Darn,, Jim I wonder if you can get one in Shiner Bock?.. When you order that one,, it's ,,, One beer and ten straws please.:laughing:. Lou

Lou, you will be glad to know that "that order", comes with a 4" hose and a pump!!!!:shocked::laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,999  
Headed to Glen Rose yesterday morning. Had to go thru Granbury. There is a park along the way, and it already had all sorts of Christmas decorations up. Still a bit early for me to want to see them, or hear the music. I like to finish one holiday, before seeing the next. Luckily, my radio station isn't playing holiday stuff, just Texas Country!

Lou; On my journeys this morning, I saw a lot of pastures that are cut, and they'll likely be baling today and/or tomorrow. I was going to ask you if it was too late to do that, since we had the hard freeze last week. :confused3: Would there be any nutrition in the hay, or is it just filler for cattle, at this point?

Breaktime is over. Back to the grind for me!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,000  
Weather has been so nice I started on my cattle pens again,finally got the outsides done,now for the interior lay-out.
cattle%20pens1.jpgcattle%20pens2.jpgcattle%20pens3.jpgcattle%20pens5.jpg