Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,571  
Great photos, bindian!! I love old pics like that!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,572  
Brandi, those old pictures sure show a different time. Here is a few of my family long before I was born, even before my middle brother was born.

This is my dad, mom, and older brother standing in front of our house.
GeoEffieGeoJr@FrontPorch.jpg
This is my dad and brother from earlier years.
Geo-GeoJr-Stool.jpg
I believe this was my older brother's 10th birthday and my mom made him a 6-layer cake.
GeoJr-Cake.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,573  
12-25-04fishpond.jpg
Brandi for some reason I remember that Christmas snow.. Lou

View attachment 349002....That was Christmas day 2004 ....the "official" snow measurement at Angleton was provided to the NWS in Dickinson by one of their employees that lived in Angleton ....(me). I think I remember it was about 6 inches.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,574  
Jim, nice photos too!!:thumbsup: See your older bro smiling to beat all!! must have been nice being the "onliest" for a short time:laughing: AND that cake!! now that's how it's done boys and girls:salute: to your mom

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,575  
bindian- Great pictures. I love old family pictures. I have three generations of Pics that I enjoy going thru when I get the time.

I had just got my tractor in Nov 2010, then in Feb 2011 we had about 8" of snow, which is a lot for around here. I had a great time clearing the drive though I thought I was going to freeze my **** off (no cab). It was a lot of fun but I wouldn't want to have to do it on a regular basis.

Hope all stay warm and snug inside till this stuff moves out.

Charlie

Charlie,
I put my first pond in during my Christmas New Year's vacation. It was 40 degrees, but calm. It is 35 degrees here now and calm. Right nice outside.
Thanks everyone on your kind words on Mom and Dad. It is my Dec. 7th tribute. If not for WWII, Dad wouldn't have met Mom at all. Medical leave brought him to Houston, where he met Mom's brother first. My future Uncle hooked them up at a Lindale Social Squares Club get-to-gather.
hugs, Brandi
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,576  
bindian..sorry to bust in on the Texas thread but those are spectacular photos of your parents and especially your father. Looks like a real no-nonsense kind of guy.

Sixdogs,
You are welcome to comment anytime here. I love your prospective in different ideas and on my projects.
Double hugs for you.
hugs, hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,577  
I forgot to say it was 13 F here this morning. Brrr! That's a lot better than the 8 F they were forecasting before they changed it late last night due to a light cloud cover providing some heat blanketing effect. Some of yesterday's sleet has sublimated overnight, but 3/4 of it is still out there. I'm sitting here in front of a nice warm fireplace watching OSU-OU play for the Big 12 Championship. It looks like OU is stepping up for this game. It's typical of the competitive nature between these two fine universities. It's 17 F in Stillwater at game start time, yet the stands are full and the players are giving their all. I sure am enjoying this game. I admit I'm pulling for OSU just because they've had a great year and are ranked #6.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,578  
Jim, nice photos too!!:thumbsup: See your older bro smiling to beat all!! must have been nice being the "onliest" for a short time:laughing: AND that cake!! now that's how it's done boys and girls:salute: to your mom

When my oldest brother was almost 8 years old, he ran out in the street and got hit by a car, breaking his left leg. It knitted back crooked and he had to wear a brace and do painful rehab stretching exercises to keep his left foot straight. In the pictures of him with my dad and the cake, he still had his brace that he wore until almost 12 years old.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,579  
Lee, Bastrop and 1 other county are under winter storm watch until tomorrow morning. I'm actually hoping it will snow. Hope the power hangs in there.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,580  
Lee, Bastrop and 1 other county are under winter storm watch until tomorrow morning. I'm actually hoping it will snow. Hope the power hangs in there.

Stay safe. We're cold, but no chance of precip, according to Weather Underground.