Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,921  
Somehow jinman, you get your rain, and part of mine too, but I think I'll let it slide, this time! :D

Oh no! That's not true. You were only supposed to get 1/2" instead of 6/10". The extra 1/10" was what I sent you because I only got 1.9" instead of the 2" I ordered.:laughing:

I hope everyone gets more as the rest of the storm moves through. I feel very lucky this morning to look out on a very wet garden, yard, and ponds that are really looking like ponds. What a great way to start the month of June. It must have got the critters going too. This morning when I went out to check my gage, I scared away two big does and one turkey hen from my feeder. The does didn't come back, but the hen was back in 10 minutes to finish her breakfast.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,922  
Something went swimming in my pool. All my animals are dry, but the frog pad was pulled from the side and there is a wet line going out of the pool by the ladder. HMMM? I wonder what the coyotes chased into the pool? I have the ladder at an angle, a ramp and a frog pad. Also the pool has a 3' dry moat around it, except by the ladder, so far there have beed no dead animals to fish out.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,923  
Oh no! That's not true. You were only supposed to get 1/2" instead of 6/10". The extra 1/10" was what I sent you because I only got 1.9" instead of the 2" I ordered.:laughing:

Oh! Well, in that case, Thank you kindly! :D

My bull was feeling his "Cheerios" this morning. Running and bucking like he is a small calf. Sure not turning my back on him today! Horses snorted for a couple of minutes, then went back to grazing. :laughing:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,925  
Well got .47 and about that much sleep:laughing:. May have to try a nap this afternoon.

Weather says 80% this afternoon in Allen, I've sleeping, has anyone heard if the rain is supposed to "fire" back up? Radar shows almost nothing right now.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,926  
Hot and dry here. Started to cloud up at lunchtime, making my daily ride tolerable. Sun's back out and the temp has risen quickly to 97. Unless it builds back up again, I suspect we'll hit triple digits in the next hour.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,927  
We ended up with 1&1/4,pretty good storm about 10miles south east of me got 3inches.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,928  
1-1/4" is pretty darn good. On the news some got like Jim, close to 2"!!

Me not near that!. I did discover squash bugs in the garden:mad: I guess another dose of Spinosad is in order after this rain

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,929  
Dennis ... I square baled it, I'm going to do 90% of the hay this year in squares... 2.25" of rain here this morning. Extended looks like about 14 days of sunshine .. Ohhh a lot of haying will get done!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,930  
Dennis ... I square baled it, I'm going to do 90% of the hay this year in squares... 2.25" of rain here this morning. Extended looks like about 14 days of sunshine .. Ohhh a lot of haying will get done!

Sounds like your also going to have a good hay year,happy to hear things are good Blueriver. Maybe will make it back up there this year,I'm going to pick alittle warmer time of year this time around.