Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,002  
Don, have you heard of any funeral arrangements?

The Funeral will be next Friday July 24th 10am at All Faiths Of The Pines, 110 American Legion Road, Smithville, Texas 78957, visitation July 23, 5-8pm. Mike was in the Air Force so this will be a Military Honors funeral.
Burial at Alum Creek Cemetery.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,003  
I have not checked in on Texas for a wile, this is surly San news. My sympathy and prayers to Mike's family and TBN friends. I always enjoy the banter, good humor and information from Texas and Mike will be missed.
David from Connecticut

exhcanged

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,004  
The Funeral will be next Friday July 24th 10am at All Faiths Of The Pines, 110 American Legion Road, Smithville, Texas 78957, visitation July 23, 5-8pm. Mike was in the Air Force so this will be a Military Honors funeral.
Burial at Alum Creek Cemetery.
Don,
Where is Alum Creek Cemetery?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,005  
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,006  
It could be listed in Bastrop it's between Smithville and Bastrop on Hwy 71 at County Road 154.
Alum Creek Cemetery, Smithville, Texas, United States | BillionGraves Cemetery Record

Bernice has also reserved space at a Mexican restaurant near there in Smithville with food for a get-together of friends and family for a celebration of Mikes life after the burial. I'll post that address later.
Don,
I'll be there. Maybe not Thursday evening, but will be there Friday.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,008  
Mike's Obit
All Faiths of the Pines - Funerals and Cremations, Smithville, Texas
Michael Farley Kennedy

A hero was called home on Monday, July 13, 2015. Michael Farley Kennedy was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on April 8, 1950. As an adult, he gave forty years of service to the United States government. After serving in the U.S. Air Force as an Avionics Technician, he worked as an Electronics Systems Analyst for the National Weather Service until January 2009. While in the Air Force, Mike served in Udorn, Thailand at Ubon Air Base from 1969-1972 before moving on to Germany, Kansas, Indiana and Oklahoma before finally settling in Texas, which would become his place forevermore.

While working for the National Weather Service, Mike waited out Hurricane Ike in his office near Houston and claims the storm lulled him into one of the best night's sleep he had ever had. When he retired from federal service, he settled into retired life with a perpetual 10 years of projects on his quiet property just south of Paige, Texas, which he affectionately named "Lazy *** Ranch." He believed in hard work, being thankful, and helping others. He loved his wife, family, friends, Texas, his ranch, and his tractor community.

Mike is survived by his wife of 23 years, Bernice Kennedy; his three children and their spouses: Kevin Cory Kennedy and wife Kelley, of Pearland, Texas; Mali Stanforth and husband Chris, of Selma, Texas; Vicki Hawkins and husband Jimmy Timm, of La Porte, Texas; and ten grandchildren, along with his sister Paula Allison and husband Mark. He was preceded in death by his parents, Millard Kennedy and Beatrice Dudek, and two of his children, Matthew Daniel Kennedy and Janet Johnson and his older sister, Paige Holloway.

A visitation will be held at All Faiths of the Pines, Smithville, TX on Thursday, July 23, 2015 from 5:00 to 8:00 PM. The funeral service for Michael will be the following day, Friday, July 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM at All Faiths of the Pines, Smithville, TX.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in honor of Michael Kennedy to the Wounded Warrior Project at Military Donations to Support Injured Veterans | Wounded Warrior Project with acknowledgements sent to The Kennedy Family at P.O. Box 164, Paige, Texas 78569.

May he rest in peace. Ron

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,009  
Between my truck being in the shop for two days, then coming to grips with Mike's untimely death, I have had a frazzled two weeks. So I wanted to liten it up here and post some photos of me having fun with my Grand daughter, Chloe. She'll be two on August 7th.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 7-25-15 Chloe on Her New Slide.jpg
    7-25-15 Chloe on Her New Slide.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 123
  • 7-18-15 Chloe Standing in My Kitchen.jpg
    7-18-15 Chloe Standing in My Kitchen.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 7-23-15 Brandi Holding Chloe.jpg
    7-23-15 Brandi Holding Chloe.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 7-18-15 Chloe In Pool Grams Watching.jpg
    7-18-15 Chloe In Pool Grams Watching.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 7-18-15 Chloe After Getting Stickets from Walmart Greeter.jpg
    7-18-15 Chloe After Getting Stickets from Walmart Greeter.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 7-18-15 Chloe & Grams on BRB.jpg
    7-18-15 Chloe & Grams on BRB.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 141
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,010  
Brandi- Wow 2 years already? They do grow up fast. She looks like a very happy little girl.

Charlie