Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,301  
Well bad news the wife's aunt of a young age of 55,had a heart attack out of the blue and past away. Only health issues she has is like me just hypertension and on low dose BP meds.

sorry about your wife's aunt. way too young.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,303  
Foreman that sounds young but it is right in the danger zone age for quick deadly heart attacks of the left coronary artery. Plaque breaks of the right coronary artery have a 2-4 hour window if you can figure out the symptoms and get medical help. As you get older the plaque stabilizes and the heartattack risk is less and sometimes the heart will grow their own bypass or you will just slowly keep having to reducing activity. Our condolences to the family.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,304  
Well bad news the wife's aunt of a young age of 55,had a heart attack out of the blue and past away. Only health issues she has is like me just hypertension and on low dose BP meds.

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to the family! Way too young.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,305  
Thanks everyone

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,307  
Has anyone else had trouble with seeds germinating this spring?

Planted a row of bush green beans...Maybe 4 or 5 came out and then the rains drowned them.

Planted 5 hills of squash....Only 1 plant came out and has done well.

Planted a row of sunflower seeds on the west side of the garden...maybe 5 or 6 out of 30 came out.

Since it has rained so much, my garden has been taken over with nutsedge. Sad. :(

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I planted 6 or 8 strawberry root sets....They all died.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,308  
My snap beans and purple hull peas all came up and are fou pretty good. Tomatoes are ok but squash is not growing much.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,309  
Robbyr,, I planted Kelp this year and it is doing real good.. I think this is the year of the seaweed,, lol.. my tomatoes plants are doing nice,, planted them on a elevated row plus little higher than normal.. like two feet.. rest is hit and miss depending on where the rain water is after runoff..

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,310  
I built raised beds last year so really small. image.jpegimage.pngimage.png